2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm waiting for my buddy to drag his boat outta Rockport to do some fiberglass work, I want to learn how to make a webpage.

What platform provides the most for a person with no webpage experience, but can learn pretty quick? I've read a lot about Front Page and Dream Weaver, but the newest version of Dream Weaver seems to have a lot of bugs by the reports on Cnet. Is there another program I should be considering? Am I outta my gourd even trying to attempt this?

·
Administrator
23,854 Posts
Front page is very easy for users familiar with Mircosoft programs (Office) to learn to use. Dreamweaver is superior in the features department. Neither one of them are needed to make a great webpage. Pick up HTML for Dummies and learn the code and you won't ever look back.

·
Sky Liver Eatin nujaC
909 Posts
Again like Mont said... Frontpage easy no frills, Dreamweaver A much better WYSIWYG. If your going to use one or the other go for The DW MX, it will allow you to be functional with code as well. Lay out is way better.
To get things right your gonna have to learn html, plus itll make it easier to modify from any terminal.
Me.. I use a mix of DW and html
And once your done with html, go for php for light reading LOL.

Besides, html aint nuthin but ---[TR] and [TD]. lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, knowing the HTML is obviously a must learn now that I've seen some of what y'all are talking about. An old friend has let me have his Dreamweaver MX Suite and ColdFusion 6.1. Gotta love when CS majors lose the taste for it and go engineering.

Spent an hour of the Texans game trying to decipher a ColdFusion tutorial.
99% of the instructions for use past installation is gibberish so far. HTML for Dummies is on my list for the next Barnes and Noble trip.

·
Premium Member
40,480 Posts
A place I like to get books

Half Price Book Store. You can also get some great deals on software. Just don't plan on selling anything and get close to what you paid...ouch!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts