2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing in the world to do with woodworking...but was hunting for Christmas tags and came across a box full of old family stuff...

Bet there aint a one of you on here that ever saw one of these old postcards.:rotfl:

Attachments

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bet you're the only one on 2cool (except Aunt Joyce) that was ever around to mail one of those 1cent post cards.

:D
LOL, yore prolly right, Shawn.. Mailed out thousands of them back in the day as advertising....

While I'm still 'in the box' came across this invoice for our brand new Chris Craft cruiser we had down at Corpus on the T-Head to entertain customers... Prices have kinda changed over the years...:rotfl:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
In the United States, the earliest known exposition card was issued in 1873, showing the main building of the Inter-State Industrial Exposition in Chicago. This card as well as other early advertising cards, usually bearing vignette designs were not originally intended for souvenirs. Thus the first card printed with the intention for use as a souvenir were the cards placed on sale in 1893 at the Columbian Exposition in Chicago.
During this period all privately printed cards required the regular two cent letter rate postage, the new government printed Postals required only one cent. The government cards had a preprinted bust of either Jefferson or Grant and once cent.

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1873 !!!!

Good God, Bill.....I ain't THAT old. !!!!:biggrin:

and..Spec..we referred to it as "27 feet"...but that might have just been vanity... Really nice boat, though...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well, I had to go check " I have a 1909 post card of the BOLIVAR light house, that was sent to my grandmother and I have her War Ration book". LL

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
1873 !!!!

Good God, Bill.....I ain't THAT old. !!!!:biggrin:

and..Spec..we referred to it as "27 feet"...but that might have just been vanity... Really nice boat, though...
LOL that was the first ones....very neat to find

·
The C-LISTERS are coming
6,713 Posts
Nothing in the world to do with woodworking...but was hunting for Christmas tags and came across a box full of old family stuff...

Bet there aint a one of you on here that ever saw one of these old postcards.:rotfl:
Didn't realize that Harbor's portrait was ever on a postcard....He sure had long hair back then. :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts