2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
:headknockYour outta luck buddy...:headknock Your just gonna have to die, but do it out of sight cause you don't get no free burial etheir

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
:headknockYour outta luck buddy...:headknock Your just gonna have to die, but do it out of sight cause you don't get no free burial etheir
That's a little harsh. Texas has a law that if you present to ANY ER & need treatment is has to be rendered, or the facility could lose it's Medicare credentialing. If this happens a for sale sign would be on the front door within a week. If the condition cannot be stabilized in the ER, the hospital has to admit & treat. Ask to talk to a social worker to see if there any resources available. Also ask to speak to the Medicaid eligibility people to see if you qualify for government assistance so that we all can help pay for it.

·
Cloudy with a bit of drizzle
435 Posts
Yes, it is true that you have to be treated at any ER, but for something more serious. Cannot just pop in for a head cold, or sore muscles. A gun shot or very high fever would help. They do check insurance at most places and if you do not have it, they will stabilize you and work on moving you out. Understand that hospitals have turned patients away if they do not have the resources to treat or admit due to shortage of rooms, doctors, or anything else that may prevent you from being admitted.

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
Anybody know where a white man with no insurance or money can get some free medical help?
it depends. where does he live? here in galveston county we have the 4-c's clinics for the indigent and the non-insured with no job or money. most counties have something similar. if it's something serious that requires emergency treatment, the clinic will refer him to the nearest charity hospital. here, that's utmb.

tell him to call the county in which he lives and ask.

that post is reddie-worthy, homer. it's too bad i can't give you one.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Fire Station

Fire fighters are public servants - they don't just have to help get cats down from trees, but they can help you unload groceries, do yard work... If you ask and they can help they have to. They probably wouldn't be too happy but they are public servants. If you need minor medical care go to a fire station and they can help for free. Disclaimer - I have a lot of respect for our public servants and wouldn't use them for non emergency situations. They did however relocate my dislocated finger for free when the ER wanted $800+. I did drop of a few good eats when my finger got better.

PS in Corpus we have the Male Central Clinic - all you have to do is tell them you're unemployed, and don't have insurance and they will get you fixed up for free! http://www.malecentralclinic.org/MCC/Home

Jason Slocum

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
There are a lot of clinics setup for low or no income or for un-insured for that matter. I served on a local United Way board and the yearly campaigns are designated to support those intities... You may want to check local United Way for options, or even look in the yellow pages.
Or just learn to speak spanish and tell them you are not a US citizen. You'll get taken care of ASAP then. Heck, they may even buy you groceries, a house, new bay boat..?? It's worth a try.

·
Banned
12,705 Posts
rotator cuff??? your cousin needs to get a job... I don't have any problem with my tax money going to save a life, just saying... I had a friend with a wrecked back that saved money for thre years and sold most of his possessions for the surgery required to have a somewhat normal life... might be an option for your cousin... personally I think a job with group health would be easier

jc

·
Kickin' hippies' a**es and raisin' h*ll!
5,369 Posts
Is it an emergency? Does he qualify for Medicaid? If you're income is less than $26,000/year you can "buy in".

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Easier said than done

rotator cuff??? your cousin needs to get a job... I don't have any problem with my tax money going to save a life, just saying... I had a friend with a wrecked back that saved money for thre years and sold most of his possessions for the surgery required to have a somewhat normal life... might be an option for your cousin... personally I think a job with group health would be easier

jc
been on dozens of interviews.....

·
Kickin' hippies' a**es and raisin' h*ll!
5,369 Posts
been on dozens of interviews.....
What's the extent of the injury? I've had several rotator cuff injuries and can tell you that unless the injury is extreme (such as torn ligaments etc.) there's not much that they do.

If it's just tendonitis they usually just tell you to ice it, take it easy for a bit, and give you a PT regiment to strengthen the joint when it's feeling better.

Rotator cuff tendonitis sucks...when I get it I can't use my arm for several weeks and it constantly hurts.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts

jc
what if he has a job (with no benefits) but is about to lose it due the injury?

these days, getting a job - and especially one with group health insurance - isn't always as easy as it sounds for some folks. not all people with no job, no health insurance, and no money are lazy no-good douchebags.
I gotta agree with you...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts