2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

fridays capt johns party boat trip

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  awesum 
Capt John Party Boat Trip Friday 7/14/06

I fished this past Friday aboard Capt John's boat with my brother "BONE", his wife Kim, and two friends Jason & Russell. I also had the pleasure of meeting a fellow TTMB'er "Jerry Rigged" (sorry, I forget your first name). This was my first experience on a party boat althou I have many years offshore fishing experience. My report about the trip and service......POSITIVE- great riding boat, when you make your reservation you can request the particular seat you want so long as it is open so no fighting to get there at the dock 2 hours early to stand in line for the best spot, the inside of the boat was comfortable with cushioned seats and A/C, the boat kept it's schedule (depart at 7:30 am and return at 7:30 pm), the boat "stringer" system of keeping each persons fish seemed to work great and the price was $70 bucks for a weekday. I had a very enjoyable time and would go again on Capt John's boat. To be fair I have a few NEGATIVES- "Absolutely" no bring on food, not even sunflower seeds, there were only 3 deckhands on this trip for 70+ people (I personally never needed assistance but saw others wait 5+ minutes to get a tangle un-done, new hook, line re-rigged or have a fish gafed), AND the last bit is purly a selfish gripe but the alcohol sell stoped at the last fishing spot with a 2 1/2 hr ride to the dock. I had my FIRST beer at 4:45 pm and planned to enjoy two or three more on the ride back to the dock but after my first beer was empty the bar had closed. dang. I totally understand the reason for this boat rule so as I said, this is purly a personal gripe. Otherwise great time. The fishing was decent, fishing is not called catching but I did get a limit of red snapper (all 16 1/4" to 18") and 4 Atlantic spadefish. Boy are those suckers hard to clean. Thanks for reading. Tight Lines to all.

Rowdy (Rusty Hook)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.