2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Friday Night Results

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  NightTrain 
#1 ·
Well Guys Did Anyone Else Fish Friday Night Besides Myself? Lets Hear The Results On The Full Moon .i Had A Good Night,caught Several Nice Flatheads And A Couple Nice Blues , None Of The Fish Were Trophy Fish But The Bite Was Good.i Got A Late Start And Didn't Get On My First Hold Till 10:45. The Best Period Was Between 3:00am And 5:00am .i Give It Up Around 5:30 So I Could Get Some Sleep ,"chores To Do" .all In All A Very Good Night

#2 ·
I had some very good fish on, including one that spooled me. I caught several big channels, a couple of decent blues, and all the hybrid stripes that I wanted to. It was very good Friday night, but Today was another story. As my old man said "every cow I seen on the way up here wa laying down". ? ? ?

#4 ·
If the cows are laying down, chances are they're hot LOL... Lately the cows have been laying around a lot, if it's any indication that rain is on the way. I have a bucket in the back yard that has over 14" of water in it... I haven't dumped it in a week... does that mean we got 14" of rain? The river (Notoway) is flooded... almost all of the fields near home have little ponds in them, and I took the best opportunity I've had in a week to go fishing and spent the time cutting GRASS and putting shingles on my roof... I haven't fished since I went out with NightTrain and the withdrawal is starting to get to me... I want to see pictures of some of the fish caught this week. At least I can pretend I went fishing....

#5 ·
Hawkeye,i Was Alone This Week And You Know Just Taking A Picture Of A Fish By Itself Just Does Not Say Alot For The Fish.besides I Don't Own A Digital "yet" So I Take Them With A Throw Away And Get Them Developed Then Scan The Ones I Want To Keep.i Do Want To Get A Tripod And A Nice Camera So I Cant Take Pix Without Help, Because 9 Out Or 10 Times I'm Alone.

#6 ·
It's hard to get pictures when you're alone, that's for sure. I've seen pictures of fish laying on the deck of a boat taken when the catman was flying solo, and to be honest, I wish he had just let the fish go without the pictures. They don't have any scale to them (no pun intended) and it's hard to appreciate how large the fish is without someone in the picture for a little perspective... A tripod is a good idea, but you'll burn lots of film trying to get it right I think.....

#9 ·
I Take My 7 Year Old Alot But He's Out By 10:00, I Have Alot Of Folks That Go But Most The Time It's Just The 3 Of Us "me ,myself, And I" Don't Worry If I When I Do Catch A Hawg I Get A Photo, My Wife Hates To Be Woke In The Middle Of The Night And Ask To Meet Me At A Ramp To Take A Picture. Lucky I Live Near A Couple Ramps . "but " I Have To Say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It Don't Aways Fly..lol

#10 ·
I got rained out friday night and saturday morning. When I got to the dam they were drawing so much water out of the lake that it was almost impossible to keep bait on the bottom of the tailrace with 3oz of weight so I went to a 6oz bank sinker and got the bait to hold but I didn't have any takers in the deep swift water. Hiked up above the dam with all my gear like a pack-mule and on the lake caught one 9" channel on a 4" bluegill which amazed me that he could even get it into his mouth. Skunked by the weather again, the water had risen too fast too quickly to be able to do anything with the fish from the bank, I needed to be out on the main river channel on the reservior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.