2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
I got rained out friday night and saturday morning. When I got to the dam they were drawing so much water out of the lake that it was almost impossible to keep bait on the bottom of the tailrace with 3oz of weight so I went to a 6oz bank sinker and got the bait to hold but I didn't have any takers in the deep swift water. Hiked up above the dam with all my gear like a pack-mule and on the lake caught one 9" channel on a 4" bluegill which amazed me that he could even get it into his mouth. Skunked by the weather again, the water had risen too fast too quickly to be able to do anything with the fish from the bank, I needed to be out on the main river channel on the reservior.

· Registered
135 Posts
I was at Taylorsville Lake, about 30mi SW of Louisville. An awesome fishery with a huge population of channels and not many flatheads but the ones that are there are monsters. Like I said, the water was too much to cope with fishing from the bank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.