2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to get down south, every time I look at the radar-RAIN, anybody been down in the last 2 weeks on hwy. 44 between Freer and Encinal, how wet, want to go this weekend and start cleaning up around the camphouse etc. but gees, probably too wet!

·
there's only 1 Big Pocket
684 Posts
i'm just north of encinal, and yesterday evening/last night we picked up another 4.5".

spoke with a budy who is on 44 about 3-5 miles east of encinal and they had a little rain, but he said it wouldn't really measure.

it seems like the storm got over the top of us and stalled out and just sat here.

Cotulla picked up anywhere from 2" in town to .4" about 3 miles east of town.

We've had plenty of rain down here, and it comes a point where enough really is enough.

Capt. Forrest

·
Registered
296 Posts
My ranch is 13 miles South of Freer on 16 and we were there today painting and etc. It started raining (for the 9th day in the last 17) before sunrise and by 11 am was over 2 inches. Its WET WEt WET..........We'll take more --- all we can get.

Our unofficial family records show this is the wettest July since 1967 or '68..whenever Beulah was.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I hunt just up highway 44 out of freer and my buddy said the roads were a little wet, but ok. He was there yesterday and our problem is the grass is so high you cannot see the road. Grass is easy 3 to 4 feet in most places. He saw a few deer and they are looking good.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yazzo and I went down there this past weekend, green but dry, going back again saturday to start shredding, if a deer walked out in front ofme I would'nt be able to see it!

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
Just north of Freer off hwy 16 at 624 no rain and plenty dry to get around. No problems. I was there this weekend.

Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts