2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the deer I harvested on our lease in Freer.. check out the red head.

give me your thoughts on age and score.......i know and will post up later..

its funny... the last day on the lease I was returning to camp from cleaning up my stands and retrieving game cams and not 100yds from camp a much larger and older buck crossed the scendero i was driving on not 50 yds in front of me...all i could do was laugh....

I really enjoyed my 1st yr hunting in S.TX and cant wait for next yr.

the 9pt was taken by a 15yr old at 2pm on the 29th with a bow, the deer scored 152 and is leading the 9pt youth division @ freer deer camp..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Congrats on the nice deer. Funny how the older ones seem to know when you're all packed up. One he** of a 9 pointer for sure. I bet he was pumped.

·
It's all about the GULP!
810 Posts
We used to hunt outside of freer. We had two strains if deer on the place. The red headed deer had brown tails also and their bodies were stockier and would max out at about 200 live. The others had a black tail and no reddish head. Their bodies and head were larger and would get up to 230 live wt. on a mature deer. The tip to tip ear spread on the red heads was usually about 18-19" (smaller ears) and the ear spread on the larger strain was up to 20. Makes field judging much harder.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think it is a 9pt you just cant see the small G2 on the left side. You can see the base of it. But I am doubting the 152" as well. Still, both deer are nice ones.

·
Registered
304 Posts
If small is like 13". It obviously was a bad picture angle on Kevin's part. Not a bad buck Kevin. That width gets me trigger happy too.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
guys

the first two pics are my 10 pt and he scores 140" as is and will be 146" if the right g3 is repaired...

and yes big mike the width fooled me..

The third pic is a 9pt and scored 152 twice.........by us and by the freer deer camp official scorer....
check the freer deer camp website.... youth division 9pt..

Kids name is hunter....

·
Registered
884 Posts
Good job Kev.......Sounds like your hooked on S. Texas now.

LW

·
Registered
199 Posts
guys

the first two pics are my 10 pt and he scores 140" as is and will be 146" if the right g3 is repaired...

and yes big mike the width fooled me..

The third pic is a 9pt and scored 152 twice.........by us and by the freer deer camp official scorer....
check the freer deer camp website.... youth division 9pt..

Kids name is hunter....
Good Job KevinA. Isnt it funny how people always second guess the score? I had the same problem with a deer I posted several months back and I had to refer them to the Freer Deer Camp as well. Good looking deer in both pictures. Big Mike M, post pics of that big deer you shot in Freer.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
south texas is magical.. nothing compares to the thorns, horns, and fangs it brings with flat to slightly rolling scrub country and red dirt is a plus... the small towns are fun also... good job Kevin

·
Registered
304 Posts
Good Job KevinA. Isnt it funny how people always second guess the score? I had the same problem with a deer I posted several months back and I had to refer them to the Freer Deer Camp as well. Good looking deer in both pictures. Big Mike M, post pics of that big deer you shot in Freer.
He was so big I forget to get a pic. 4 1/2 year old 4 pt. that scored 74 B&C. How about a pic of yours Pierce.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Congrats on a nice animal Kevin! Trying to figure out how to get South again this weekend. Don't think my leash will be that long this weekend though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts