2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me and my buddy are down here working fora few days. We brought our rods along in case we had some down time.

Well yesterday afternoon we caught 2 keeper reds and a mangrove snapper.

We caught about 6 rat reds and couple other trash fish to go along. No specks.

Don't have pics of the fish yet, they are on disposable camera.

this is what our hotel room ooked like about 30 minutes though! Dang sure tasted good!

We only fried about half the filet's, savin the other half for tomarrow!

Attachments

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Freeportis open. I didn't try to make it to the jetties. Bryan beach is open. Soft sand at 1495 entrance.

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FULL!

HEADSHAKER said:
Don't get the grease to hot your in a nonsmoking room!lmao
It was actually a smoking room. Thats all they had left when we checked in. LOL

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
Can't answer about Freeport, but the last bait shop on the right before the SS bridge is open. Then you have to turn around and leave SS and go somewhere else to fish, unless you have property there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I saw an add somewhere (maybe the local paper) that Mitchel's bait camp in Freeport is open. If you don't know where it is, basically it's across the old river from where Capt. Elliots party boats used to be. Can't thing of the name of the street, but it's right by the bridge and across the old river from Capt. Elliots.

Skeeter Bait

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
Not sure who you are asking, but since Skeeter Bait saw an ad, I am assuming it is me. CajunBob and I spent the weekend in Surfside helping folks dig thru rubble and make repairs and the bait shop was open both days, just not sure how good the assortment is.

·
Registered
49 Posts
thanks i am fishing in the rivers end firedepartment tournament this weekend but i didnt want drive all the way to sargent or matty to get bait and fish since i live in angleton

1 - 20 of 21 Posts