2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinkin about hittin the salt this afternoon. Was wondering if anyone has been fishing Freeport area in the last couple days? Thinkin it'll probably pretty fresh. Figurin
Old river, harbor, East Union Bayou area would maybe have the best water if incoming tide this afternoon. While We're on the subject, How much influence would Trinity and San Jac rivers have on Freeport area on incoming tide? I know the Gulf current goes south close to shore. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS: Mrs. Wolfie says we're goin no matter what y'all say so I'll let ya know later this evening what I found.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about not getting back with y'all yesterday. Yeah, the water had very little salt. Put in @ & Fished East Union Just south of the levee. Also fished the harbor along D.C. plant A and intracoastal in between. Had outgoing tide but the wind was pushing water in almost @ the rate it was going out. Man, the traffic in the harbor was something else. Ships and barges and dredging **** everywhere. I had nothing on hardware but for one blow-up on a Spook with no hook-up. Mrs. Wolfie put 2 croakers in the boat with one snot cat release. All on live(very tiny) shrimp. Oh well, We were on the water, which is what counts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts