2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to make it out in the a.m. for the best conditions of the year so far, however work beckoned so i vowed an afternoon fishing session. The surf picked up dramatically by 6:00 p.m. but the color remained clear and green. Arrived to find bait pods all down the surf from jetty to about half way to the pass. First stop produced about 30 trout in 30 minutes on popping cork, tried tops and plastics and could not get but one fish. Only three keeper trout and a smack made it to the boat but it was some of the best non stop action i have had in a while so well worth the 1:30 drive. I am glad i took my boat most of the stops were over the third bar and the fish were in the second gut, it seemed if most of the waders could not reach this point. As we kept having double hook ups they would come our way slowly, with what it looked like no luck, sorry. The trout were very thick you could see them in the water boiling too bad i could not locate more quality fish. At least im frying trout tonight!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
where you driving a kenner or a boat that looked like a kenner? i saw a guy leave yesterday around 7:30 or so. me and the guys around me where doing ok. the guy next to me caught a few good ones on mirror lures. i think i'm gonna have to start bringing a couple of mirror lures w/ me in the surf now. i was using a berkley power bait and i caught a few.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Some get chicken and some get feathers. I got feathers, EZup and I hit the water at access #1 the conditions were perfect, the surf was flat,water green to the shore. We threw all kind's of topwater, Mirror lures, spoon's and different colored plastiic's. All with negative result's. There were approximately ten waders around us up and down the beach, and I saw one fish caught by the guy next to me. We proceeded East and fished four different location down to access #6. We talked to two guy's at access#5 and they had limits of trout, all caught on Mirror lures. We ended the day fishing a with couple of stop across the bridge there at SLP again with negative results.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kenner it is! Glad yall did good especially on mirrolures i cannot catch anything on them and they were probably the first top water i bought when i started fishing 3 or so years ago, still have them. Maybe i need to throw them more!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts