2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up late this morning. Looked at the weather and thought I might be able to get in a quick trip. Asked the kids if they wanted to go out for a few hours and we were on our way. It was a bit breezy when we got down to Intercoastal so I made a heading for a wreck inside of 30 miles. We made it out 12 mile or so before I decided it was just a little to rough for the kids. I put out a couple of trolling lures and within 20 minutes both kids had there chance to reel in a fish. Headed back in after they ate there sandwich. Less than 2 hours on the water and both kids had a fish, a good day by any standard.

Victor

Attachments

·
The Jammer
3,594 Posts
Great job Gostomski. There is nothing cooler than watching your kid catch a fish. They are special times that we as parents will remember, but the kids will be talking about it at our funerals. "What I'll miss more than anything is my Daddy taking me fishing."

·
I can't see the Rockies from here !!
4,267 Posts
Wow what a great trip. There's nothing like fishing or hunting
with your kids. Thanks for sharing your photo's. Well done Kiddo's
Later Baker

·
RIDE RED,HONDA!
10,211 Posts
my son is 17 now and i still get a funny feeling inside everytime i watch him hook up. good job, kids. i bet their ready too make another trip?

·
Bird Flu Eradication Team
2,299 Posts
Great trip. Cant wait til i have kids so i can take them out. What were yall trolling for the kings??

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
I've got a 2 1/2 year old, and a 3 month old.....I can't wait until they're old enough to take out.

Great report, and even better to see a report with folks spending time with the kiddos

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
deebo said:
Great trip. Cant wait til i have kids so i can take them out. What were yall trolling for the kings??
Russelure. My dad use to use them when I was a kid, 25+ years ago..... They still work. The one I used is about 4-5 inches long. Trolled at 5mph, there are 3 depth settings, I had it set at the deepest since it was around noon. I was around a rig, but, both hook ups were 1/4 miles away from it.

Victor

·
Firm Member
1,966 Posts
You'll never have the attention of your kids quite like you do in the boat or the blind. My best memories involve one or the other. Great investment of time G, thanks for the report and pic's.

Erik

1 - 10 of 10 Posts