2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Underwater Point & Click
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone for fishing out of Freeport tonight through tomorrow morning? I was thinking of picking up some night (launch @ 10pm.) bonita & kings tied to a well lit rig about 15 nm out. Then run about for some chickens & snapper.

Also debating out of Galveston (closer to League City), but I don't know the waters well enough to know where to catch fish. Open for ideas.

Gas would run about $60, I have food and bait already taken care of.
PM me or call 281-770-3609 if you don't hear anything back by 3pm.

·
Underwater Point & Click
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Beer is also provided, both to drink and to barter with some Shrimp Boat Captains.
54 views, yet no one wants to go fishing???

·
Underwater Point & Click
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have a different link that the NOAA GOM Forecast above I would like to take a gander at it.

COASTAL WATERS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HOUSTON/GALVESTON TX
1019 AM CDT FRI JUL 28 2006

UPPER TEXAS COASTAL WATERS FROM HIGH ISLAND TO THE MATAGORDA SHIP
CHANNEL OUT 60 NAUTICAL MILES INCLUDING GALVESTON AND MATAGORDA BAYS

GMZ350-355-290030-
/O.ROU.KHGX.MA.F.0000.000000T0000Z-000000T0000Z/
WATERS FROM FREEPORT TO THE MATAGORDA SHIP CHANNEL OUT 20 NM-
WATERS FROM HIGH ISLAND TO FREEPORT OUT 20 NM-
1019 AM CDT FRI JUL 28 2006

THIS AFTERNOON
SOUTHEAST WINDS AROUND 15 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 4
FEET. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

TONIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. A
SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT.

SATURDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. A
SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

manintheboat said:
buoyweather is calling for winds around 20knots tonight with seas around 4-5'. sounds kind of sporty for an overnighter if you ask me.

·
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
5,918 Posts
It is not NOAA, it is Buoyweather, a private source, that is more dependable in my opinion. I am having trouble cutting and pasting the graph, but trust me, they are forcasting 4' seas tonight with winds gusting to 18 knots. The forcast has changed a little, but it will still be sporty.

Of course, do what you want.

·
let me think
1,557 Posts
Mako Mike said:
Anyone for fishing out of Freeport tonight through tomorrow morning? I was thinking of picking up some night (launch @ 10pm.) bonita & kings tied to a well lit rig about 15 nm out. Then run about for some chickens & snapper.

Also debating out of Galveston (closer to League City), but I don't know the waters well enough to know where to catch fish. Open for ideas.

Gas would run about $60, I have food and bait already taken care of.
PM me or call 281-770-3609 if you don't hear anything back by 3pm.
I wouldnt mind getting together for a fishing trip over night tonight. Havent checked offshore wheather but I know as far as the bay complex is concerned catching trout wouldnt be a problem tonight.. I know the galveston bay complex well enough to run at night. I got the suzuki 2200 and the 1000 watt light and accessories to make the run...Itll take that 60 dollar gas bill away at least.....Jetties, gas wells, pelican island bridge, cosway, or public stationary lights in the channels we gottem covered.. Pm if interested in galveston or whatever. I could swing your way also if necessary all i gotta do is get permission big momma. That aint hard being its pay day and all! ........... (409-457-1281)........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts