2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Carl Clark's Army
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished out of Turtle Cove , Friday and Sat.,We went to Wacker Fri. and got a limit of Kings In 2 Hours using Herring, and Ribbion fish , and a Stinger Hook .. They were short hitting,, Seas were calm ,1-2 almost no wind,,There was an Invasion of small black Bugs, when the wind went Light, It seemed we were Breathing them in , they were so Thick. Off didn't phase'em. The water was blue-green, at 10 miles,, a little Bluer at 14 miles.. Sat. we went back to Wacker, 10:00 AM,, Really Slow ,,, went on to 393's and Hooked to the near one, there was a crew boat and Divers(welders) at the other one,, and they would Bark at anyone on 16 if you got too close. (1/2 mile).. We got another limit of kings in 2 hours . Then We did deep drops, for Snapper ,,, ALL were 14 1/2",, or smaller. I sure hope the sizes improve AFTER the com's season is over,, ( when is that??). The Kings were real acrobatic , on Sat. , they would dart and Jump,, I thought a few times they were coming in the boat!,, One time , 3 small Amberjack were following and chasing a small king on the leader, so we tried to get them to hit a Herring,, NOO ... but one came up to our squid on the snapper lines (dangeling in 6"of water), grabed it and took off , I'm glad it was a Penn Senator,, That kept him out if the legs of 393. he was 34" I'm sure he will taste good. Good , calm days,, this weekend, Looks good, at bouy.com,, Will be back to Turtle Cove ( That place is a little corner of Paradise). I'll always use Stinger Hooks,, Pat

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pat,

You need to give me a call. This is your old neighbor from T. Cove in the Seaswirl ( driving with an oar duct taped to the motor). Let's buddy up this weekend and catch some fish. 281-451-4164

Darryl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts