2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with Doug Coffee with the building dept. City of Freeport. The bids have been awarded for the marina and stack storage. There is an existing levy where one of the stack storage buildings will go and work has already begun to remove it and build a concrete wall in it's place. He anticipates the stack storage will be completed and ready for business sometime around the first of 2008. Again, the marina will be inside the levy surrounding Freeport and this will protect against a tidal surge from storms (they can close the flood gate on the old river).
I think I remember him saying that there will be a boat ramp as well as in the water boat slips that can accomodate boats up to 100 ft.
It will be nice if properly managed and if security is good.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I believe that the new stack facility will be part of the Freeport development project in the older part of Freeport. From what I understand this development will be similiar to Kemah. I hope that it really takes off since I invested in a commercial deal adjacent to the development site. I also understand that Marriot is building on this development.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
texasloanhunter said:
I believe that the new stack facility will be part of the Freeport development project in the older part of Freeport. From what I understand this development will be similiar to Kemah. I hope that it really takes off since I invested in a commercial deal adjacent to the development site. I also understand that Marriot is building on this development.
Hopefully this will bring "some class to the joint"!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts