2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my boat and plan to fish in Freeport. I don't have much experience in offshore fishing but like to fish for tuna or any other fishes. Looking for someone with fishing experience that like to fish but currently don't have a boat and can go out fishing with us.

·
AKA Offshore Aggie
1,522 Posts
There are a lot of guys on here far more experienced than I that would probably take you up on your offer. You might want to post some info up as to what port you fish out of, and what type and size of boat you have. May even look at posting a request for a buddy boat for a particular day and port to have someone out there helping out if need be and giving pointers along the way. Below is a link to Rik Jacobsons website. He has books with coordiantes and maps as well. He will even board your boat for a trip and show you how to get the most out of your electrioncs. May also look at taking a trip with some of the charter captains that post regularly on this site. Ride out with them on a chartered trip and short of giving you all their spots, you can learn a lot from them. Most all that I have seen posting seem eager to teach as they are putting you on fish. If no-one helps out (not likely) give me a holler. I have about an hours worth to teach ya...lol

http://www.redsnapperfishing.com/RJ%20lessons.htm

·
AKA Offshore Aggie
1,522 Posts
Just read your title...Freeport. I guess, just ignore everything I said about what port...lol

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,837 Posts
VU, Welcome to the board. What sort of boat did you pick up? You should post a few pics. It is a great day when you bring home a new boat.

Brandon

·
Carl Clark's Army
324 Posts
Take TWO 0f everything,,,,,,

For Your Bote, 2 batteries and jumper cables, 2VHF radios, and 2 GPS's. Take 2 extra Jugs of gas too. Take 2 rods and reels, 2 sizes of wire to twist your own leaders,for Kings, and 2 sizes of Mono for leader material(80 lb & 120), 2 types of hooks, #7 Eagle Claw(for Snapper and Bottom Fish),,,, small Brass hooks for Mahi and to Catch Bait. ,,, Take two friends,,, to Infect them with the offshore Virus, so they can take you when Your Bote is Broke!!,, Theres no known cure for this Bug,,, You have Till you die,,,, Pat

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Chula Vista said:
For Your Bote, 2 batteries and jumper cables, 2VHF radios, and 2 GPS's. Take 2 extra Jugs of gas too. Take 2 rods and reels, 2 sizes of wire to twist your own leaders,for Kings, and 2 sizes of Mono for leader material(80 lb & 120), 2 types of hooks, #7 Eagle Claw(for Snapper and Bottom Fish),,,, small Brass hooks for Mahi and to Catch Bait. ,,, Take two friends,,, to Infect them with the offshore Virus, so they can take you when Your Bote is Broke!!,, Theres no known cure for this Bug,,, You have Till you die,,,, Pat
I hope you don't follow your rule of 2's when you buy your beer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 22' Hydra sport ocean and am going out of Freeport Saturday Aug.4 Im going to tall rock.

David
Cell 832-527-4270

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would suggest getting hooked up with an experienced 2cooler and having them fish with you for a day or two. So many things to learn safety wise and fishing, no post could cover them all...You mentioned tuna, that might be an advanced trip if you're a newbie. I'd cut your distance down to 20 miles for the first few trips while learning the ropes. Besides, you need to get know your boat very well (fuel consumption, sea handling, etc).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Boat picture

Chase This! said:
VU, Welcome to the board. What sort of boat did you pick up? You should post a few pics. It is a great day when you bring home a new boat.

How do i post the picture? Thanks.

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,837 Posts
VU, After you click reply, a new widow opens with area to type. Below is a button called "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS". Click that, locate your pic, and upload. Then finish by clicking "submit reply".

Note, you will have to shrink the images. You can use MS Picture Viewer to "EDIT PICTURE", and then "RE-SIZE".

Brandon

·
Geeps
1,489 Posts
That is a very nice boat. You should have a line of guys, and gals interested in helping you break it in. Good luck and welcome to 2cool.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts