2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's got the scoop on the Fishin Fiesta? Why did the Lions Club take over and what happened to the Jaycees? I also noticed they don't have any boats for the grand prize, just $2500 cash?? What's the deal ??

·
Redfish Extraordinaire
2,422 Posts
The jaycees are no more....and the lions club took it over. It's suppose to be better with all the catagories having 1st-$700 2nd-$200 3rd-100 along with the money for the grandprizes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In the past people were catching fish, keeping them (alive) and turning them in to claim in the prizes. That may have had something to do with it.....but who knows.....

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any of you guys entering this year? I probably will because I fish in the Freeport area about 4-5 days a week anyway.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I will enter to support again but I had stopped because the cheating was so bad. first hour every year you could see some of the best fish ever just hang by the wait station. always the same people too. (your know who you are). last year they only had a hand full of people trying to run the show. to many people felt the same way I did. I have fished it with my dad every year except the last 4. It had become a big deal for dad, now 85, but 4 years ago he came in with a 6# flounder and held the lead for the last three days. on the last day he was bumped by a 8 year old girl (who should have been in the jr division) and this all happened 15 minuets before the station closed. My dad was heartbroken, and so was I more disgusted to tell you the truth. I was going to protest the fish but dad said let it go, there is always next year. I can't stand a cheater.

I am glad to see the lions take it over

·
Redfish Extraordinaire
2,422 Posts
twitch-twitch-reel said:
I will enter to support again but I had stopped because the cheating was so bad. first hour every year you could see some of the best fish ever just hang by the wait station. always the same people too. (your know who you are).

Well one of them can't fish it because he's a guide now.....:D

·
Don't Tease The Dog !!!!!!
315 Posts
There was alot of bad blood in the Jaycees the last couple of years. It finally came to a head and they disbanded for the good of the community. The Lion's took over the charities that the jaycees were handling and the Fishing Fiesta.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts