2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished on Friday 7-2 with capt. "martin" aboard the Sea Cruz. Excercise extreme caution as there is a ton of floating debris out to approx. 5or6 miles. We saw 3 defined"lumber lines" on the way out with whole trees. Never seen anything like it any where. As for the fishing, picked up a few kings at the color change,Brown to green. Went on out to tall rock and managed a 20lb wahoo with additional kings. Headed for german charlies and found scattered weed, picked up all the chicken dolphin you could want In the boat, 4 kings, 1 hoo, 4 chickens. Enough for the grill. Thanks to the Capt. for another great trip.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Capt. Martin

hydralics said:
Fished on Friday 7-2 with capt. "martin" aboard the Sea Cruz. Excercise extreme caution as there is a ton of floating debris out to approx. 5or6 miles. We saw 3 defined"lumber lines" on the way out with whole trees. Never seen anything like it any where. As for the fishing, picked up a few kings at the color change,Brown to green. Went on out to tall rock and managed a 20lb wahoo with additional kings. Headed for german charlies and found scattered weed, picked up all the chicken dolphin you could want In the boat, 4 kings, 1 hoo, 4 chickens. Enough for the grill. Thanks to the Capt. for another great trip.
Capt. Martin Ha! Ha!, enjoyed it as usual!

·
Registered
64 Posts
to late

I hit one of those big tree's thursday. Trashed my lower unit and the top end let go to. Limped in on one engine called my insurance. Then went and ordred two new Suzuki D225 4- stroke.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Cool, two new engines, sounds like a plan for me too. Where did you say those logs were? j/k, good thing that is all that happened.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I ran across a log jam like that last year after the big rains in July. it is weird to see. How do you claim something like that with insurance? Do you have to make some kind of report with an agency? How receptive were they to your claim? I have never had it happen but dont doubt it ever will.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have insurance for full replacment or to fix. I choose to replace. I do not think they are going to pay for the full price of the 4- stroke. But it should take care of 90% of it. They did not sound to mad. Just one of those bad luck things.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Blue Streak said:
I have insurance for full replacment or to fix. I choose to replace. I do not think they are going to pay for the full price of the 4- stroke. But it should take care of 90% of it. They did not sound to mad. Just one of those bad luck things.
If you have a replacement policy, they WILL replace. All you need to do is have the adjuster to come out and look at it. (that should answer your question too Argo).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts