2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics for an afternoon trip out of Freeport the guy that was going to go with me called 30 minutes before launching the boat. So my new plan was to just run out to East Banks a troll and see of I could caught a few kings. The water was so flat that I wish I had a crew cause it would have been a day to make a long run. But no I had no luck. Then I noticed there was a call on my cellphone and it was BigDaddyRiverRat wondering if I had anyone going fishing cause Jacob had just finished his soccer game and if I wasn't fishing he and his brother-in-law (Zack) would go. So they met me at Bridge Bait and picked up a little dead bait and then see if we could caught a few fish. We ran out about 15 miles and tryed trolled a few rigs with no luck. Then BDRR talked me into going out to Tall Rock and I was surprised that there was only one boat. But then again it was about 200 so I figured most people had already called it a day. Trolling feather lures with no luck so I threw a Mann strech 15 to BDRR and in a few minutes there was a fish. Jacob (BDRR son) had a King on the line and had no problem getting him to the boat. Then we trolled around a few shrimp boats with no luck. A boat heading in waved us farther out so pulled in the lures and ran only a few miles to see a weedline starting to forming. We started by trolling but didn't do any good. So we started drifting and didn't take long to start seeing Dolphin. And who would caught the first dolphin but Jake. I was thinking he didn't want to let anyone caught any fish. But then on about the thrid drift BDRR was on the tower and was saying a nice fish and about that time his and Zack rod both bend in half. After several jumps and 3 or 4 runs they got the Dolphin to the boat. They will back the second 20lb Dolphin BDRR has caught on my boat. Then right before we left Zack caught one more fish and I BDRR thoult it was a Ling but no luck it was only a Sand Shark. So once we got the shark to the boat and it was time to run in. So I pointed the Gray Witch to the Freeport Jetties and ran in at 25 knots. BDRR slid a ice chest to the back of the boat for a nice ride home. Then BDRR had Jacob sit in his lap cause the boy had a long day running around and playing soccor and then caughting most the fish. I don't think 7 year old can have a better day than that. In a few minutes the boy was sleep (wish I hadn't forgotten the camera and slept most of the way back to the Jetties. I fi

I am sure BDRR will have something to add. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have to say it was a good day cause BigDaddyRiverRat was in my boat and it didn't ran.

·
Registered
518 Posts
CB went out on Sat. They brought in 4 limit of snapper i believe he told me around 30 or so miles out. He said they were real scattered but, he said that new fishfinder worked real good. They were holding around rocks this weekend in good sizes with mixed catch of vermillion and red's.All on the bottom. Not huge but, good eating size 5lbs.-7. Lately the freeport snapper have been slow but, looks like it is starting to pick up..
The kings have been real plantiful lately so are the amberjacks. We have alos been getting and seeing some huge ling out about 40 miles. Just floating along the surface.
Looks like you did a decent haul Nice dolphin.We love fishing with kids they are alot of fun on a boat. Looks like they won't have a problem jumping in the boat for the next trip:)
Glad ya'll had fun that is what it is all about.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Thanks the pics. and report. Thats makin me want a Mahi lunch from the Warf in Port A .................later,Dave

·
Senior Member, do I get a discount?
1,920 Posts
We have officially changed Jacob's name to Rod Hawg. Everytime a rod went off he about broke his neck trying to get to it. We had to beg to get to catch that dolphin. Yeah that was the best trip I have ever had, my son had a blast, my brother in law got to expierence offshore and I got to catch that bull. He was a blast! Best fish I have personally ever caught, Not size but the fight he put up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts