2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Gray Witch made another trip on Sunday. Being that the weather didn't look to good me and my dad decide to run just a few miles out of Freeport and see if we could caught any Kings. Left the house a little after 500 and all the way to Freeport we watched the lighten to the South. But we figure that we would go anyway and take our chances. Ran out the mouth a little after 700 and picked up some live bait at the bouys and try out the new live well I built Saturday. Got plenty of bait in a few drifts by a few bouys. Then headed out to East Banks so if teh wether blew in there wouldn't be too long of a boat ride back in the rain.

When we were a few miles from the Banks we threw out 4 feather lures and started trolling. Within 5 miles we had our first king in the boat and I figure he was about 12-15 pounds. From then on before we could get the lures back out there would be another fish on. We limits ot of Kings in 45 minutes (cause there was only 2 of us and a dog). So form then on it was C&R.

We stopped at a small platform to take a break and see what we might caught with live bait. We got a few sharks on drifted ribbon fish and my dad caught a hardhead. That made for a good laugh. After that we were back to trolling and caughting more fish.

I think the total was 10 or 12 Kings all about 12-15 lbs. And 5 Spanish and one bonito. First test on my new livewell was good being that after 5 hours all the hardtails were still alive. And we diddn't get rained on and I got a afternoon nap so all and all I declare it to be a good day.

Attachments

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is my dad's buddie and yesterday was his second trip offshore. He either sits on the motor box or in the cabin. And don't sit your beer down or he will drink it. So far he hasn't gotten in the way and I am sure my dad will take him fishing many more times. Last year he sat in the deer stand many mornings and is suppose to go dove hunting this comeing weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts