2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a ride with Mike Jennings of Cowboy Charters on Monday with my brother, nephew, and buddy. This was our first time deep sea not on a party boat. After this, I have no desire to ever be on a party boat again. Thanks everyone for the advice to go with Cowboy Charters. I can't imagine a better person to go fishing with.
The day started out fast, it felt like we got our snapper limits in just a few minutes. The picture doesn't do them justice. Our average snapper was much larger than any others we saw at the docks that evening. The captain was ready to get us on some bigger fish, but I'm like a kid out there. I saw all those nosy spadefish running around and asked if I could try for one. He was happy to help me out and got the pole ready for me. We brought in 3. It only took a few seconds to get a bite each time.
We didn't get many other takers the rest of the day until the way back in. We found a good weedline and pulled in 12 mahi in a short period. No record breakers in there, but we didn't care. We were having too much fun. All of a sudden, I'm the "best uncle". :)
We ended up with 2 small coolers full of meat and sore arms. Didn't realize how hard those kingfish fight.
After we all enjoy our best day of fishing ever, the captain tells us this was a slow day. Wow! Now we really can't wait until next time.

Attachments

·
Salty Dawg
7,701 Posts
Thats a nice mess of fish. Looks like y'all had a great day. Thanks for sharing the report and pictures.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crawfishking said:
How did you get the spades to bite?
Not sure what bait he put on there, might of been something like squid o something of that texture. We used the same piece of bait to catch all 3. All I know is he had to switch out to a smaller hook than what we were catching the snapper on. We probably could have pulled in 50 of those in no time at all. I'll fry them up and see how good they taste. Maybe next time, I'll get them all. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts