2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the Late Posting! We headed out of Freeport Tuesday 7-24-07 morning and you talk about ICECREAM conditions!! It was AWESOME! Wind was less than 5mph, water was Flat! We hit the Quintanna Jetties first off that morning and were able to catch 6 nice specks, threw back another 6 or so, lost several nice ones at the boat, all on soft plastics! Then headed out to the rigs. We were cruising at 25 mph all the way out, seas were less than a foot! We ended up fishing till around 2 pm, we caught 4 Keeper Kings, 1 40 inch Ling, One BIG Spanish Mack, and the six trout! We caught two more smaller Ling, a bunch of under sized Snapper, 1 Grouper, angle fish, and lost a couple of BIG somethings! Also saw two sea turtles! My kids had a Blast! Excellent day on the water!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Cake and Ice Cream

Awesome fishing trip! Unfortunately, the weather has since turned a bit sour but hopefully, we will see some flat seas again next week.

Mike

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Great report! That's what it's all about. Wait for the right time, catch some flat seas, & get the kids out for a memorable summer trip w/pops. I wasn't so lucky as a kid, my dad wasn't into doing much of anything outdoors, but I loved the water, & made sure I could find a way to fish offshore. Thnks. for the report, & congratulate ur kids for a job well done.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
heres my Youngest son, he's 9 years old, this was his first Ling, He was so Happy when he caught it, but very disappointed when I told him we have to throw it back because it was too small! Taking my boys out fishing is always a Blast, they always try to come up with contest to out fish me, sometimes they get close, but they haven't beat me yet! Everyone needs to get their kids involved in Fishing and Hunting or just the outdoors in general, get them off their butts and away from those **** computers, Video Games, and TV's!

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Kids and smooth waters--PRICELESS! Glad to see the kids smiling without the electonic gadgets in their hands. If you ever want to buddy up on a smooth day, let me know. I will grab another father son unit and we can have a mini tourney. I have a 22' triton seaflight, so like you conditions have to be good to go.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice report, the water did look awsome too, looks like a couple of nice younguns there also, glad they were able to have those conditions.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You know now you're going to be sitting in the bay flippin off hard heads and the boys are gonna say "dad, can we go out.... THERE... again?" Then you're gonna have to get a bigger boat, more tackle........Then, they're gonna say, "wow, kings and ling are fun, but what about a SAILFISH!"

Good job, can't wait till my little turd rustler is big enough....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts