2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 of us went out today in Charlie's Glacier Bay. We had Chip "The Jammer", Bill, Charlie and myself. We found some live piggys at that new bait shop Mr B's near the bridge. They weren't huge but we took what we could get.

We ran out about 50 miles. We picked up a few Hardtails at a rig. The seas were a little bit choppy early, but calmed down later in the day. It has been a month since my last trip out of Texas, but the snapper fishing was better today than last month for us. We only caught about 4 throwbacks today. We didn't have any big Sows, but we caught some solid fish. We had some free entertainment out there with about a dozen flippers chasing us around and performing for us all day. They even grabbed an undersized AJ that we threw back.

On the way out, we passed a shrimper and he was waving the big orange basket. It was that exact moment that I remembered that I forgot to grab the case of beer from my garage. It seems like if we have beer, nobody wants to trade. He was thirsty, but we couldn't help him out. We will be stocked up for the next trip.

We saw a couple of Dorados while bottom fishing and one of em picked up my heavy bottom rig with two 20 oz weights hooked up to the electric reel. He made a couple of jumps slinging that lead around in the air and I hit the button and dragged him in the boat. We were laughing our arses off about that.

We had a great time today on the water with good fishing and good company.

Total Catch:

16 Red Snappers 4 limits
2 Vermillion Snappers
1 Dorado
2 AJs released
Several sharks released

No damage and no injuries.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Back in da Saddle
10,160 Posts
Mr Charlie has to be one of the best dressed fisherman I have ever seen....

Great report..

John

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey there, Capt. I taught you well on how to line up the snapper for the picture. Those are great snapper & pictures.................I'm sorry I wasn't on the trip. Maybe next time.

John's correct about Charlie being the best dressed fisherman. And I've never seen him with a drop of blood on him..............

1 - 20 of 25 Posts