2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This trip was a payed learning experience;) We had wanted to save the down side of the full moon to make a full run. We left out of ICM with live bait for a day of AJ fishing. Stopped off at this place that gives me ulcers just thinking about fishing it and picked up a few b-liners. We really wanted to get some Ajs so we did not spend much time there. So we filled the cups with Salvador margaritas and headed out for non stop bent poles. It was a matter of seconds till the rods bent with full drags. One after another till everyone was with hernia. We stayed on the spot and bagged several more B-liners and got into the bull dolphin when fishing high in the collum. Picked off 21 in just a few minutes. with 2 lings to boot. The skipper Scot aka Katfish hung into what we thought was a very large grouper but ended up being a 10-11' tiger shark with ramoras all over him. Got him boatside when the 400# flouracarbon leader snapped. What would we have done with it anyway? Went down one last time with a live blue runner and the rod doubled. Dang it no grouper but a nice sized red snapper. We were remembering the nice sunrise we had that am and headed over to one last stop. where the rainbows play. We were harrassed buy the chubbies and only got one. So we headed back to the cleaning station.

Oh the title, as part of my theropy I must tell you:) when fishing on the front of the boat with a new to me Penn TW-50, I slipped on a piece of ice, and took a dive of the bow of the boat. Don't worry I came out without a scratch but the rod did not make it. I said things like, well here's what I can leagaly say here, God, mother, and piece. You can fill in the rest. Now we have a new reef:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
good job on the Mahi's, sorry about the r & r. Looking for a trip out w/you guys soon, before you decide to head over to Sabine. Nice water eh? Looks like I'll have to go tomorrow.

·
I think we need a bigger BOAT
416 Posts
Great catch.. How's that live well working out for yall?

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Real good but I have touble with all the airators I try so we went to the bubble boves. Thanks it has improved the aj and grouper catch.

MarcusT said:
Great catch.. How's that live well working out for yall?

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
Hmmm maybe I'll wait a week or so before I move. Looks like another good trip to me, Awesome pics love to see blood on the deck. You guys are killn me. We too have 'Deep 6ed a reel'. WW

1 - 20 of 26 Posts