2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I skippered a 17ft Whaler that belonged to my dads friend. The three of us headed out around 6:30 from bridge bait. Seas were pretty decent all day long and even calmed down some as the day went on. First stop produced several decent snapper and a king. I started the chum going and had them on the surface hitting trout tackle, which is always a blast. I believe we put 3 in the boat there and then headed on to try to find some weeds. Ended up around GA424 with no good weeds anywhere. Capt. Mike and the Cowboy Way was already fishing the rig with one other boat. We pulled up and managed three more snapper. Saw another lonely sea turtle, this makes two in as many trips. Headed in looking for weeds and chickens, with none to be found. Stopped at the SE lump on the way back and caught another king and a trigger(lol) on the troll.

·
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
5,918 Posts
sounds like a good day. Top water snapper are a blast. I saw a large turtle last weekend. It was something to see, that is sure.

·
Get Bent
1,270 Posts
Mark me 3rd. I saw one last weekend aswell... Dang turtles are rare, we all must be fishing the same hole...

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
The turtles and going back offshore after laying the clutch of eggs...

John

·
Vendor
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
REEL NUT said:
NOT HIM ,, did he scare all your fish away ?....next time throw a sardine at him,,
Ha, I think it was US that scared HIM away. Did you do any good there?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
naaaa , not realy, that rig was holding a decent number of kings, but they have moved inshore,, you can make a little bait there if you are passing by...Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts