2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We made it out today after having some battery problems yesterday morning. My dad went to a pre-Indepence Day party last night and ended up getting two more people to go fishing.

A father and his 11 year old son that had never been fishing offshore before and only a few times any other fishing. We had been planning on running out to A-7or19 but since they are first timers I didn't want to run too far. So we stopped at a few tri-pods. The first rig wasn't much good but then we moved to another where we made our two dives.

The rig was covered in snapper but nothing big. Both dives I got 3 snapper. But on the second dive the snap on my stringer came unhooked and I ended up loosing 3 nice snapper.

I am glad the father and son were able to caught some fish and had a good time. I am going to have to get to some deeper rigs to get some bigger fish.

Here are a photo of the fish red snapper, Cubera snapper(I think) and Nick's shark.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Michael,
Looks like a fun day...

I think the others are Mangrove Snapper...

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They might be dog/mangroves snapper but my book shows them to be more brown. Cause the book says that Cubera are suppose to me big.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lost a stringer last weekend myself OPPS!! think I"m gonna start tying mine off to the rig...nice trip.. start'um young : )

·
Registered
857 Posts
Nice fish! Those four in the middle are mangroves for sure, the color can vary quite a bit depending on water depth, cover, etc. Good eating!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts