2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out of bridge bait early trying to beat the crowds however the seas kept us in close for a while. Trolled the east bank with some kings and lots of weeds on the line to show for it. Finally we made the move to 343, which was dead, except for a lonely sea turtle. Ran out to the J wreck, which of course had multiple boats on it and little action. Decided to try over east and half way between 393 and prime time we found some awesome weed patches. First fish to come into our chum was a huge bull (well huge for 20mi out) about 20lbs. He some how managed to break 60lb flouro when I put a little more pressure on him. Oh well. We screwed around with the chickens on trout tackle for a while and put 13 in the boat. Headed inshore to a few spots with no snapper to show for it and finally decided to hit the SE lump for some kings. Caught a few and and caught our biggest dolphin of the day and decided to go home. Seas were kinda rough to start but calmed down real nice later on.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
yeah it wasnt 2' or less as stated by the weather man but after 20 miles it was pretty much flat and the water was pretty much like glass by the time we were trolling within 5 miles of dutra.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey Brad,

That for the tip on the weedline. I was the guy in the Key West on PT when you showed up. We found that big weedpatch and boxed a dozen and half chickens. On my first cast with a spec rig, it was immediately hit by two hardtails, then a bull came out of the weedline and nailed one of them, made a run and a jump, then broke the hook on one of the jigs. We also had a nice ling swimming around the boat for 5 minutes and he wouldn't take anything until I threw a Tsumani paddletail at him and he blewup on it but the hook pulled.

David

·
Vendor
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
David,
Glad you caught some fish. I figured there oughta be some ling around there too. Tough day for snaps, did you manage any more?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts