2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had 12 of us go out with Captain Kyle Engelhardt and Captain Mike Hutto with http://www.rigrunnersfishing.com/index.html. We went out on the 36 Marlargo and the 30 Scarab. I've never been out in those GO-FAST center consoles, but now I can see why people like them. Coming home at 43 knts is very nice. Ok now to the report

I fished on the Marlargo w/ Capt. Kyle, first rig was slow w/ only 1 keeper snapper. Ran to a nearby rig and started catching some fish. As most have expierenced this year the sows were not there. Most fish were around 15 but we managed to get our six man limit. We were probably going 4:1 throw back to keeper. That just proved that the law needs to be changed to first 4 fish to prevent the death of these just undersized fish. Still on this second rig i drop down a live piggy hoping for a AJ, after a couple cranks up from the bottom i'm hooked up w/ a good fish. Through out the battle i'm still thinking it is an AJ, as we get it up towards the boat we see that is a 31# Warsaw grouper.

After bottom fishing till about 1 we are making our way in and fishing some weedlines. First weed line I throw some chum out and around 50 Chicken dolphin come charging out. We spent about 20 mins pulling in 25 of them. Next we ran in a few miles and stoped and a patch of weed the size of a truck or so hoping to get some more chickens and then call it a day. Well when my first piece of chum hits the water we are suprised to see a large bull dolphin explode out from under the weed and devour all the chum i just threw out. In goes the King Buster w/ a spanish sardine on and i'm hooked up. About 20 mins later I have a 34# Dolphin in the boat. that topped off the day and we made the run in. Rigs were about 50 miles out, weed line about 40. A couple more calm days and the weed lines will be really well formed.

The other boat ended up w/ boat of snapper and b-liners, and a nice 20# Ling

Pictures to come i forgot mine at the house so i'm waiting to get emails from the other guys. Both the grouper and the dolphin should be on their website after awhile

Justin

Justin

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice report Justin. I went out with Kyle 2 years ago and we had a blast. As a matter of fact on his website, the last picture in the 5th album is my Buddy with a big king from that trip. Kyle was an excellent captain and made our trip a lot of fun also. Glad to see yall get on some good fish. Cant wait to see the pictures. Later.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hey did another boat (28 Grady White) pull up while you were catching the Grouper? You sound like the group that was beside us fishing the rig. We tied up and you guys were anchored.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts