2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of dead oak trees in the back pasture. Will make a cord or more of wood for fireplace or bar b que. Easy access. Free for the taking. Hwy 290 near FM 1960.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
I might be interested for my son's boy scout troop. Let me contact the scoutmaster and see if he is interested.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not cut, but i have a couple of chain saws and can help cut it.

Also have a front end loader on the tractor to help load it on your truck or trailer.

Will be fishing Friday and Sat out of Sargent, but will be around Sunday afternoon.

·
22 Posts
I could use some for the smoker. I live at 529 and hwy 6 but will not be around this weekend. Let me know if anything's left next weekend and I will come out.

Rob

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,076 Posts
I'd like an arm load for the pit if it isn't all claimed up. I've got a suburban so I'd only be looking for a little bit.

I'll wear an old Tx Air uniform shirt if that'll score any points..:tongue:

Later,

Jeff

·
Registered
605 Posts
Id like to claim some for the pit also. You say you live near 290 and 1960? I live in that area also and would be willing to help cut it for some.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
texair - please call me on the cell number in your private messages to make arrangements if the offer is still good. Sounds like there is plenty for all interested parties. Let's coordinate and get it off your plate. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The comment about "is it cut"? reminds me of a situation during the depression in North Texas where a hard scrabble farmer was about at the end of his rope and his team was about nothing but two bags of bones. Another farmer, seeing the condition of the first farmer's team, offered him a load of corn. The hungry farmer asks, "is it shelled"?

·
Typical Texan
8,416 Posts
I live around Barker-Cypress/529 and would be willing to run over with my saw and cut me up a load.
Let me know if there is any that isn't all ready spoken for and I arrange a time to drop by.

Thanks for the offer!

Email me at [email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts