2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I leased some property to to a couple of guys who tried to run a car wash but they failed so for the next week I hired a couple of guys to give free car washes. The location is in Houston at the corner of Durham and Washington at the Bright and Early coffee shop. They will begin washing at 10:30 am. The name on the sign is Hieghts Hand car wash. Just show up and get your car washed. No tricks but if you feel like it the guys appreciate tips.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Since I know you so well, I would have thought this would have been one of those bikini car washes

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Coffee? It's gonna be at 10:30! Will free beer be served?

Ha! :rotfl:

Seriously, it's a great thing you're doing, Palmsup.

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
2,323 Posts
for a guy who hates motorcycles you ain't half bad ;-)

j/k! you're a heck of a guy & you won't find a deal better than that! thanks PalmsUp! .. I wish i lived closer!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The supplies are professional grade and no they will not be waxing cars. Thier employees needed a way to make living so I am paying them to do this and hopefully they can get some tips. If it goes well then I might start charging 10 bucks a wash to cover thier cost and supplies. No free beer and no free coffee but as usual, if anyone wants to buy coffee go to my website and put 2cool or mills in the checkout promo area for a 40% discount

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Thanks Palmsup! I just went to your website and was wondering if you offer any kind of sampler package so I can try the various offerings.

Have been a diehard Community drinker for years, usually the medium/milder blends. Any suggestions? I'd like to give your coffee a try.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Hey Palmsup just to let you know one of my packages of coffee that hadn't been opened, made it through the hurricane but the open one didn't make it.

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
Dang Mills, I wish I was closer. My truck is filthy!!!

Why don't you open a car wash/coffee shop in Cypress? Lots of business out here!!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Sweet, that is right across from Kahill's and very close to where I live. But I hate to make them wash my long bed crew cab for free!!! 10:30am till when?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Free car washes suspended

Sorry, I had to suspend the free car washes.
Today we had about 30 people come by and get a wash. I have never been politically correct so dont get offended. The caucasian customers treated my employees with respect and dignity and gave them tips. The african american customers treated them poorly demanding smudges be removed, left thier cars for 30 minutes, demanded they hurry up, complained the carpets were not vacummed enough and left no tips. Since I cannot pick and choose who we wash for I decided to suspend it. Sorry

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
2,323 Posts
PalmsUp said:
I have never been politically correct so dont get offended
Political correctness is only possible if you believe that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end .... so i doubt you are alone here :)

sorry it came to that .. you're still a good man in my book!

Reactions: Tiny

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just a suggestion:

Have people that know about the car was give key phrases or codewords

Example: "I'm here for the 2cool car wash"

Anyone who doesn't know the term make them pay $20 or whatever you should charge.

Thanks for the effort anyways. Sorry for the mis haps.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
PalmsUp said:
Sorry, I had to suspend the free car washes.
Today we had about 30 people come by and get a wash. I have never been politically correct so dont get offended. The caucasian customers treated my employees with respect and dignity and gave them tips. The african american customers treated them poorly demanding smudges be removed, left thier cars for 30 minutes, demanded they hurry up, complained the carpets were not vacummed enough and left no tips. Since I cannot pick and choose who we wash for I decided to suspend it. Sorry
that is quite true unfortunately, i see that often at many car wash places.
To add insult to injury, the difficult customers sometime dont even tip....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts