2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
just got my computer back this week, had a bug in it so it had to go to the computer doc to remove the bug:cry: so i am so happy to be able to be back on line i thought i might run a little free rod contest.:biggrin:
starting today and ending on sat-8-11-07 i will select the best 12 post and from that i will select the winner for his or her free rod, there will also be 6 runner ups for 6 custom billystix spirals at a very nice discount.
all you need do to win is to let us know why you like your custom billystix and or why you would like to own one, so let the fun begin.
also i would like to invite you to visit brandi and molly at www.billystix.com and please dont forget the rods for the chariety events on monts tmb page.
thanks guys and gulls
stix

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
dad

well i been thinking about geeting one anyway.i was thinking about a christmas present.my dad has always been their for me,so i would like to show him how much he means to me.dont know my real dad but the dad i have now has raised me since i was 6 months old and now im 28.he taught me everything and the thing that i love most(fishing).i can remember him pulling me in a raft when i was 5 behind him while he was wading and so i could be with him fishing.i think that he would love to have a custom rod and i would have you engrave name dad on it to show him what he means to me.dad just want to tell you thanks and hope you have a great christmas present,love you always you son kevin

·
Got Wasabi?
2,635 Posts
What a coincidence, the first day of the contest is my Birthday (July 28)

Maybe with a nice purrty Bilystix I could get some of my many nieces hooked on fishing

·
Registered
181 Posts
I need a billystix because I missed out on making the board in the STAR tournament by 2oz. And a new billystix rod will definitely weed out the trout smaller than 8lbs.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i want a new rod b/c i'm starting to become a picky SOB regarding rods and don't believe there is a rod out there that can truely be used for both tops and tails in the style that i use them. if you think you can prove me wrong, i'll be glad to accept.

:D

·
Duck Slayer
773 Posts
Billy, if I won the rod I would donate it to the next online auction that we had on here!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would love one, but I would really love to give my fiance one. She is new to fishing, but has caught the bug bad. She is the one that gets me up most mornings when I am not in the mood. She loves to wade fish and always out fishes me. Two weeks ago she caught a small shark and in the process of getting him off I accidently broke her "lucky" rod and I have yet to hear the end of it. It would really mean alot to me to get her one of your rods, we are getting married in Dec. and this would be a great early gift. I hope you choose to give one to her. Thank you!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would love to have a rod because I just had all of my rod & reels stolen from my garage 4 days ago , and I don't know when I will be able to replace it all I wish I could find the rotten B^$$+^&@$ that stole my stuff but I doubt it . Being a single father makes it a little hard to spend the extra money especially with school right around the corner...Thank You

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would like a Billy Stix custom rod because I have heard so much about them. I am always reading up and talking to folks about differant types of rods and they tell me you can't beat a Billy Stix. The weave patterns are remarkable and the way the rods are built seems like they will last a lifetime. I would like one of your rods because I have wanted a custom rod for quite some time now.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Well, My son Gunar (10) is an avid sportsman and a great kid. A couple of weeks ago I was rushing him to get everything out of the boat and he forgot to grab his rod out of the rod holder on the back of the poling platform. I did not check and backed the boat under the beach house and broke it in half. I have never seen him so upset. I took him that day to ARS to see if it could be repaired with no luck. I let him pick out a new rod but it will never be the same as his first rod. Maybe a custom Rod would help him fell better about it, plus would really make him proud to have a custom rod built just for him.

·
Registered
347 Posts
A Billystix would fill me with joy,
I would use it everyday as if it were a new toy.
I would catch every fish saltwater contains,
In any condition, even the pouring rains.
Trout would bow, redfish praise, and flounder be in awe,
If only I could hold a billstix in my right paw.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
I need to win one because sience I got mine I can't find it, seems my son has laid claim to it,says it's the only rod that he can cast with ,and I belive him truly a work of art,so put me in the hat please,Steve

·
Undocumented Users-pm+
660 Posts
Hi Billy, I'm posting for my son who has been wanting you to wrap his Seeker blank to match the one you did for me, he is starting collage in a few weeks and $ are hard to come by. He's been excepted into the corps of cadets at A&M and will be busy so the only real hobby he will have is our time spent fishing together. Thanks, Tim.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well where can I start? I have been a member for almost 5 months now and this is the first forum I have ever belonged to. I have had my laptop for about eights months now. But have been an avid fisherman for half of my life. I have heard about Billy's rods for some time now and this will be the second time I have posted a chancs to win. You cant win unless you try. This is my attitude for life as well. GODSPEED to all entries ,God is good!

·
Cert.Weigh Master,since 1999
15,196 Posts
My step-daughter, Danielle, just flew in from S. Korea last night. Loves fishing. Now that shes over there (goes back in 10 days), wants something nice to fish with...instead of that CHI-COM stuff they make. So lets step up to the plate, and show the Army what good guys we have here. My little MP will be 23 about then, "what a Birthday that would be". Ed in Texas City

·
Here fishy, fishy.......
170 Posts
I think BillytStix has a great marketing dept, in fact I like the fact that they PM'ed me when I was asking the 2cooler's about their competitors. Right now I am so indecisive that BillyStix should just make up my mind for me and give me a rod to shut me up. That way GetEmGot would not have to read anymore posts about what is the best rod.......

Oh yeah, the website pics are great too........:spineyes:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would really like a billystix rod because i have heard so much about them and how good they feel when fighting a fish and i would like to have the opritunity to try one out. I would like to buy one but just dont have the money right now so im stuck using the cheap ones which seem to break alot. Im only 17 so I would like a nice rod to have to myself that will last me a very long time. So a Billystix rod would mean alot to me if i win. I hope to be fishin in the bay and telling everyone to check out my new Billystix fishing rod while out fishing them all :).

1 - 20 of 84 Posts