2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went again this weekend to the lease and still not seeing the deer, use to seeing. They are coming out right at dark after it's past shooting time. I'm thinking it's still cause of the acorns and the green grass. Hoping this cold front will kick off things still haven't seen any ruting on the east side. There suppose to be a light freeze Tuesday night so hopefully the acorns will be done. How was everybody's hunt this past weekend in Fredericksburg area.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I hunt just outside Mason, and it's been very,very slow for us too. One member was at the lease this weekend, and only saw 4 does all weekend. Some story around town as well.

·
One more cast....
11,524 Posts
OUCH! I hunt in Doss. Not far from there. Didnt see a single deer opening of bow and I even have a food plot. I sure hope its better this weekend. I am going back friday.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hunting....

Hunted north of F-burg off of 16 at the GF's ranch Saturday am/evening saw 3 bucks and a yearling doe. All of the bucks came in to rattling horns FYI. All of the feeders had corn piling up underneath. Sunday am hunted the Mansfieldt Ranch outside Doss. Had a doe a 60 yards but I was bow hunting... Tried rattling but nothing came in. Spooked up a couple nice bucks walking around. On the HF section of the ranch I watched 8 does and a 130+ 8 and 3 small bucks sitting in a pasture... without a care in the world. Jason Slocum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts