2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone have this net and if so how has it held up. Few extra moving parts but I have a perfect fold up spot in my boat for it.

View attachment 4599596 View attachment 4599596
I have one that is about 2 years old. Everything about it is holding up very well, except the cheap little tab with a bump on it that locks the net in place. they have sent me two replacements for free,but I gave up and just use it without them. Works fine for me! Not a bad net for the price.

·
Registered
12,010 Posts
I don't have that one but academy boot legged a copy of it under h2o brand and that's the one I have. It's held up fine for the year I've had it. Stows away nice in the front hatch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s a decent net, but the stowmaster version is better. Stow-master has a rubber coating on the mesh net which help keep hooks out of the mesh and is also better for the fishes health.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I had one and liked it. It lasted me about 4 or 5 months, which is pretty good. The screws started backing out and falling out all the time, as mentioned. It wasn't a bad net. I've used lots that were worse.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for the response, very helpful. Really liked the stow master after reading about it...prolly worth the money and especially like the rubber net, no knots and easier on the fish they say. Asking for same from Santa!!!

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
I use the smaller, foldup Frabill net and have for years. Sometimes the mesh will hang up on the little bump release, but that's okay. I want my net hidden from the public, I only extend the arm when we have a good fish on. Net the fish and skim it over the gunnel quick, then hide the net again.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i have one and its the worst thing i have ever used! Ive had it right at 2 years and ive had to rig it to make it work. The handle quit sliding in and out so i could fold it up and put it away. Had to take out the little pin that hold the handle in so i could slide it again so it would fold. So it now has hole drilled through the other side so i can put a piece of all thread through it and put a nut on each side to keep the handle in. I take the all thread out when i go to fold it up. I would throw it away but after paying a decent amount for it i will keep it. I am looking for something that might hold up a little better

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have one that is about 2 years old. Everything about it is holding up very well, except the cheap little tab with a bump on it that locks the net in place. they have sent me two replacements for free,but I gave up and just use it without them. Works fine for me! Not a bad net for the price.
had one now for 2 years..my tab broke too.. folds up nice in front of my console behind my front cooler..works great !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts