2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up w/ 2 coolers, Greg & Travis, for a troll, whatever fishing trip. Our main search was for ono(wahoo), & we weren't dissappointed. Left ICM around 7:30, & beelined out to tall rock. Trolled around 5 to 6 boats, (didn't want to be thrown into the dreaded potlicker category), picked up some kings, released of course, & then moved on to German Charlies. Stopped off, to bottom, & free line, which hooked a king every few mins. The spinner on the t-top takes off, & Nobody wanted to fight another King. Drew straws, & Travis lost, so he had a fight, which ended up being the 1st wahoo aboard my rig. Picked up 3 snaps, trigger, & a nice AJ. Great time, & flaaaat water. Thanks again ono loco, & travis. Let's do it again! I've fished almost every day this week, Tomorrow it's time to hang loose. Tight Lines!

Attachments

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
Good deal for the looser!!!

Good to see ono blood running on the decks!

john

·
Salty Dawg
7,717 Posts
Sounds like a blast. Nice report and pic's.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeh, I try to keep the boat looking good. By the end of the day, it was pretty messy, although Travis is pretty good w/ a mop & bucket. Thks. Travis! The gals at ICM clean it great. We all chip in $30, so we don't have to mess w/it after we get back. Missing out on another flat day, but fridg. is full of fish, & I just got out of the crib an hour ago. Fishing should be great, ahead of the upcoming full moon. Tight lines!

·
Registered
547 Posts
man it sounds like we did almost the same. we saw you at tall rock then we decided to go to german charlies but the numbers were wrong. we did see that you had some good action at tall rock and the kings were stacked in there. there were a few times 3-4 kings followed my topwater all the way to the boat.

and i guess that guy on the dock must have pi**ed himself when he saw the wahoo.....lol.......

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when we saw color, we thought oh great! another big king, but then greg (mr. ono loco), saw the stripes all lit up, we raced each other for the gaff. I love to gaff, & so does he, anyway, he beat me to it. I got to take the pics, & It was Travis's 1st hoo. A lot of high fives, & some hollering going on. I did get to catch a decent sized AJ on a large blue runner, couldn't believe the AJ could swallow the bait. The blue runner was probably pushing 4 lbs. The AJ was barely legal, at 33 ". Good trip, although I couldn't find any mahi's. Fishing vacation's over, back to flying 8 days in a row. Tight lines all!

·
"FIRED UP" Contender
1,146 Posts
PUTZLINER said:
man it sounds like we did almost the same. we saw you at tall rock then we decided to go to german charlies but the numbers were wrong. we did see that you had some good action at tall rock and the kings were stacked in there. there were a few times 3-4 kings followed my topwater all the way to the boat.

and i guess that guy on the dock must have pi**ed himself when he saw the wahoo.....lol.......
Yeah Wade runs such a tight ship that he wouldn't let me hang it over the side so when finally got back to the dock and bent over the pick the "huge" AJ I ****** myself..lol

Wade and Travis thanks for the good company and fun fishing you guys are welcome on my rig anyday..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice report, Thanks. Great Hoo and looks like a fun day.

Kal

·
Tico wannabe
265 Posts
Thanks for a great trip guys. Let's go deep aboard the Offshore Gambler sometime.

Ono, I tried both the sushi rolls and the ceviche recipes. Wahoo! both turned out well, thanks.

Man I gotta move my boat to Freeport.

·
Gig Em! '94
1,388 Posts
Nice hoo! Are you the guys we gave the 32" inch piece of leader material to? I was in the Whaler Walkaround at German Charlies friday.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I remember your boat, but don't remember receiving a leader from you. You guys did pull up alongside to check out the hoo. My boat has the yellow hull.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts