2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
house and structure in good shape . mud every where . about 2 foot of water inside w/ 2 inches of mud.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Damage

What a mess Greg, poor cow. Glad to see the house is salvageable. We spent the weekend helping friends in Galveston begin their reconstruction. Mind boggling damage to our coast. Bolivar Peninsula is the worst and will never be the same. Other parts of the country have no idea how extensive this damage is. Most media coverage outside of Texas has been minimal after the storm. Lord help the missing and the new homeless. Let me know when I can help you guys.

HTS

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
wakeupluis said:
How do you plan on getting rid of it? That is what I want to know...
That was the first thing that occured to me. I'd get a front loader in there pronto and bury or burn that carcass somewhere away from the house (or the neighbors).

You know, it's just a dumb animal, but I also know that animal represented someone's livestock--probably just one of many the owner lost. I feel bad for the owner and for the suffering that critter endured.

·
Most Non Funny
1,834 Posts
honestly, thats a good looking hide on there too, I would skin it, take the head off to hang on the wall, and burn the carcass....then have the Hide tanned Hair on...

just my .02

It sure does suck for some rancher, but try and make the best of it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Do you know the way that thing smells? If that picture was recent then it is not going to be fun b/c it will probably come all apart when you try to pull it out......nasty stuff. If you could skin that thing......LOL well lets just say you wouldn't.

shanker said:
honestly, thats a good looking hide on there too, I would skin it, take the head off to hang on the wall, and burn the carcass....then have the Hide tanned Hair on...

just my .02

It sure does suck for some rancher, but try and make the best of it.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I would just get rid of it. It is way to late to salvage the hide. You might be able to get the skull but it would be a nasty stinky job

1 - 20 of 46 Posts