2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
fishingfanatic
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fishing buddy and I made our way to one of our favorite areas in lower bay for a day of fishing. After having our trip rained out yesterday we met at my house at six a.m. this morning. After putting my boat in the water we made our way across the bay to the Causeway bait camp to purchase some live shrimp. We left the bait camp and proceded to our favorite area known for holding redfish and trout. We noticed a lot of bait in the area and promptly set up for a drift. As luck would have it on our first drift my buddy brought a twenty two inch speck to the boat. We were getting a lot of short strikes using strawberry with white tail cocohoe minnows. On our next drift through the area I caught a sixteen inch flounder and a sixteen inch trout. On our next drift I caught an eighteen inch flounder. The action slowed so we made our way to our favorite redfish spot. Using live shrimp we proceded catching several undersize redfish. I managed to hook and land one twenty two inch redfish. We ended up with two specks, two flounder and one redfish. It was a productive day and it was nice being on the water again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts