2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Richmond Tx off of Reading Road and 59. this realy nice dog followed my fiance and our dog home from there walk. I want to find its owners. Its male, fixed(so i know it belongs(ed) to someone), almost completely white in color, he doesnt have a collar. He has HUGE feet and is kinda skinny, but not unhealthy looking. My fiance is taking him to the vet tomorrow to see if he has a micro chip. If anyone knows who he belongs to please let them know i have there dog. MIKE

Attachments

·
Roll Tide!
15,791 Posts
That's a good looking dog. He looks like a white Golden Retriever.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Gottagofishin said:
That's a good looking dog. He looks like a white Golden Retriever.
Indeed he does. And keep in mind that so many pure white dogs that are not naturally white are deaf. I didn't stay at the HEI last night, but I've learned this after years of experience .. and I'm talking YEARS.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Hope you can find the owner... looks like a real sweet dog.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,167 Posts
gee mike ,, congrats on your new dog ! lol ,, seriously hope you find the owner! its sad to see all the dogs here on the island wondering around. i know there looking for thier owners cause there running to everyone they see , you wouldnt beleive all the tree leaves everywhere , i think the saltwater has or working on killing all the trees there jus shedding like crazy, anyways i was talking to my neighbor after dark when we heard a shufflin thru all the leaves on the sidewalk and it was a dog jus walking by aimlessly,, ,,, i have no fence here (that would hold any ) but if i see any ill sure throw em a bone ! ( a bite to eat )

·
"Trailers for sale or rent"
77 Posts
good lookin dog!!!

Hope he's got the chip. If you don't have any luck locating the owners, I might be interested in an adoption. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i posted 8 fliers in three area neighborhoods and will put one at some of the stores on 59 brazos town center tomorrow. if we dont find his owners probably will keep him. hes very well behaved and would rather be outside than in.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,167 Posts
theres no telling , he-she mighta been part of an evacuation that got lost in the shuffle. good night , im out !

·
01 Fatty
447 Posts
That would be a Great Perinese. One heck of a dog. Best working dog ever. If you live on a farm he will protect the animals and anything on your property. I can gaurantee, someone is looking for him!
Good fishin...

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
If its a GP they are phenomenal dogs. We have 2 of them at our ranch that protect the Mouflon...they are best protection we've seen against the predators and our family when out there. HOpe you find the owner, if not, you've got one heck of a dog for free!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Looks like a white dog to me. LOL, I hope someone did not abandon this dog. He does look a little on the skinny side. My wife and I used to have one that looked so much like this dog. It was a she and we found her at Lake Texoma and spent $600 getting her well.
She was called fluffy and was a great family dog for 15 years before she got so old and fell in the swiming pool and drowned. Man that was hard on me getting her out.

Good luck and maybe you have an angel dog there and don,t even know it yet. Pm me if you do not want him.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had him checked out at the vet today. he does not have a micro chip, but we posted fliers with the vet and will be faxing several other vets in the area. we have no problem keeping him, he has gotten along SUPER with our dog. we let him sleep in our dog cage in the house last night, almost seemed like he would rather be outside. i really hope we find the owners as i would hate to loose a dog this sweet and understand how it must feel. but, if not he will have a good home for years to come. MIKE

·
Salty Dawg
7,701 Posts
Man that's a great lookin dog. I hope he finds his way home. It does sound like he has a good fall back plan thou.

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
OMG, what a cute doggie, I hope you find his owners, but if not, please post up, I"m sure someone would love to adopt a beautiful dog like that!!!

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
You might PM Hotrod on this site and send him this link. He lives close to Reading Rd. and may know the owner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts