2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this might be a long shot but 2cool never ceases to amaze me...

I live in the Kerrville area, just outside of town, off 16, going towards Medina. This afternoon this little guy showed up on my front porch.

He has a collar but is pretty skinny, he isnt fixed and he has really beautiful markings. I know someone must be missing him...

We took him around the neighborhood and no one knows where he lives...If anyone knows anyone who has lost a German Shorthair puppy in this area, please send me a note on how to contact that person.

I am only going to keep him a day or two and then I HAVE to bring him to the SPCA... I am going on 24 hour duty at work and my wife is leaving town for the next week...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Thanks for taking the Pup under your wing. Trust me someone is missing and looking for this beautiful dog. Just a matter of time. Post flyers and pics, just a suggestion. Good luck in finding the owner.

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
By the looks of that baby, maybe it should not returned to the one that slapped his collar on. He may had a good chance to make his break on a hunt south of you.

There was a power source much larger than you and I that directed this life to the security of you home. The answers aren't clear why various ones are selected and your card was drawn this time.

The SPCA will find it a good home, maybe.
I have a 15 month fixed female orphan about like him. It is a very smart puppy.

·
Just Happy to Be Here!
4,188 Posts
I know it's a long shot but...we work at the Guadalupe River RV Resort in Kerrville, and earlier this week, there was a guy that came around to fill those Real Estate Rag Mag stands that had a dog like that in this truck. I spoke to him about how cool it was that he could have his dog with him while he worked. Just wondering if maybe he jumped out the window and ran off while this guy was doing his thing.

I'll go to the office tomorrow and look at the mag he filled and see if I can find a contact number that can track him down to see if it's his dog.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like I said, 2 cool never ceases to amaze me!!

Wonder if it might have belonged to a camper?? Maybe post at the grocery store or somethin??
I dont have any camping places close to me and I really cant keep the guy longer than until sunday (well, never say never I guess ;) )

We are going to go have him checked for a chip tomorrow... If he belongs to a "hunter", one would think that a dog this pretty would be chipped... I know my houndog is!! (My heeler "stray" now too)

How do you "lose" a dog like that?
RIGHT??!!

Funny thing is that when I was living in Colorado, I had a Springer I hunted with that was my best bud. I always LOVED German Shorthairs and this guy is a bute'... If I still hunted upland birds, I dont think I would be looking as hard!!

You should see the heeler we had show up on our porch three years ago that is still part of our family... I would be devistated!!
I know it's a long shot but
Truth is stranger than fiction...I will keep my fingers crossed... Drop me a note and I will give you my cell #...

I would post it here but I am too scared snagged and rat might stalk me... ;)

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man-o-man....

Man, look at this puppy...Is he not a friggin beautiful bird dog??!!

I gotta get this puppy outta my house soon!! ;)

my other pups are soooooo jealous.... LOL!!

Attachments

Reactions: 032490

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
Way to go, good karma for you.

How do you "lose" a dog like that?
Happens alot with pointers, especially young dogs that get wrapped up in the birds, usually blues and chase them and get themselves lost. A good friend of mine raises German Shorthairs, and his best female ever was one that wandered into town that some hunter lost. You will see alot of guys putting tracking collars on their dogs just because of this. He is skinny, more than likely, because he has been awol for awhile, plus it is hunting season and the thin out quick if he is a working dog. I'm sure you can find a quail hunter who will love to add to his pack.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope I find his owner!!! They have to be missin this boy.

I am thinking he was out maybe training this guy and he ran off and got lost... I have a place close that people hunt doves...a few places as a matter of fact. Sadly, I dont know exactly where they are, just heard the shots.

Lets hope the good karma pays off and Santa comes early for someone... I would be sick!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the ideas...Calling the local corner marts around here now and checking for fliers that might be in their windows...

You guys always keep me thinkin'...Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sure you can find a quail hunter who will love to add to his pack.
Can I hijack my own thread?? LOL!!

Just to keep this bouncing to the top of the board, lets get a discussion going...

Hunting dogs.... Kennels or no kennels (and I mean as a "living arangement")

Thoughts??

I know, I dont play fair... :)

Attachments

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
All my buddy's pointers are in kennels. They are nice kennels, but kennels none the less. As long as they get plenty of "out" time they will be fine. But if you are like me, I want them next to me while I'm watching TV or at the foot of the bed when I am sleeping. Pointers by breed are a "hyper" dog,lots of motor, but if this dog is more mellow, and yeah he is a young dog so you have to give some leeway for that, than he should be fine as an indoor pup. That is why you see them in kennels more so than inside like most retrievers.

But it looks like he is doing just fine inside,lol.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am the spoiled lap dog kinda guy too but have hunted with quail guys and upland guys who kennel their dogs away from the house so as NOT to be with people. They want them to be comfortable but not "peoplized" (I guess is the word), I guess to keep them concentrated on hunting?? Not real sure...

I guess I see the reasoning, I just dont think I could do it personally... They spoil me as much as I spoil them...well, more really!! LOL!!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if you can't find the owner - I'll take the dog and foster it. Been thinking about getting another dog anyway.

only problem is I am in Houston.
Thank you....Let me see how this goes. Hopefully we will find his daddy and momma!

Tis the Season right!!?? ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts