2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Texas Aggie Fisherman
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister and her husband found a male black lab Saturday morning at the Cinemark movie theater parking lot in Pearland (SH 288 at FM 518).

They put up signs around the area, put listings on some websites and such and haven't had any people contact them.

He has a collar, but no tag of any kind and no chip. He is definitely an inside dog, is very clean, neutered and most likely came from a single dog house since it eats very slow and likes a lot of attention.

It looks to be about 3 to 4 years old and is sweet as can be.

They have two big dogs already and cannot keep him and want to find a place for him by the end of the week.

She took him to a vet and they said he looked ok but will probably need a full exam to make sure everything is ok for sure.

Hopefully someone on here lost it or knows someone who did.

If not, and nobody calls about the dog, they are hoping to find someone to give it a permanent home or foster it until a permanent home can be found.

If someone can help, please call my sister Kim at 281-910-4446. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Sometimes these "lost" dogs are just out for a walk and will go home if people don't snatch them up and put them in their back yards.

·
Don't touch my junk, bro!
5,844 Posts
Sometimes these "lost" dogs are just out for a walk and will go home if people don't snatch them up and put them in their back yards.
Or get run over by a car.
Or form a pack and attack someone's kid/dog/wife.

I was attacked by an unleashed dog on a public street in 2003.
Keep your dogs fenced or leashed, please.

If I find an unleashed dog that is non agressive, I call animal control.

·
Texas Aggie Fisherman
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did the vet scan for a chip?

No chip.

If people would be responsible and put a phone number on the dog's collar, then these "lost" dogs could be easily reunited with their owners.

My sister called animal control, Petsmart and other organizations and left a description of the dog and her phone number. If I couldn't find my dog without a tag, the first thing I would do is call those numbers hoping someone picked it up.

Last night at 10pm there was a dog that showed up on our front porch. There was a number on the tag and within 10 minutes the panicked owner was at our house picking up his dog. Thank goodness I didn't have to put in another "lost dog" thread.

Still hoping that the owner of the black lab gets their dog back…..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts