2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter just returned from 3 years in England and she brought back a bunch of pounds from England and a bunch of euros. I finally found a bank that said they would exchange it but when I got there they said they only would take paper money. This bag of coins probably weighs about 35 or 40 lbs and I got a backache carrying it through the Galleria to get to the IBC bank. Can anyone tell me how to get this money exchanged?

PFD

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Its all but impossible to do and coin shops won"t give you much...

I hope someone can give you better info...but one thought is if you can't get it exchange here....Take out the largest Denominational coins and see about finding some one going to Europe...Haggle a price...

May use E-bay???

Call a British Embassy?
Not much help I know....Just some thoughts...

I'm selling a 35yr British CommonWealth Collection....

Best of luck....

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
I would be interested in buying some from you. Just find out the conversation rate. My daughter is collecting coins and this would be neat for her collection.
If your interested, shoot me a pm.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Most any International Airport will have an exchange. For that much weight in coins it would probably be worth it to fight thru Homeland Security without a ticket to get them exchanged to $$$. American Express used to have exchange places but now with all the plastic/electronic money they can be hard to find. Austin has one place that will do it other than the airport I am told. Don't no about Htown.

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,076 Posts
I'd call before I went through the hassle at the airport. They've refused to accept coins from me in the past and their exchange rate usually sucks.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
There is an exchange booth in Hobby before you go thru security. It's along the wall kind of between the new terminal and the old terminal a.

·
Senior Mumbler
11,515 Posts
Put a post on www.craigslist.com. Pounds and Euros for sale. I'm sure you will find some folks who are planning to travel there who would buy them. By the way, wouldn't she had to have paid extra for the add'l weight of all those coins??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts