2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shadman, what did you do with or Ford? did you sell out and switch to one of the dark sides? You having an early mid life crisis? :)

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your crazy. you went back to a gasser. that is about as dark as it gets.

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
ShadMan said:
Yep, Scott (wishin4fishin) made me a deal I couldn't refuse so I went over to the semi-dark side. Not as dark-side as Dodge, though... :D
Shaddy...you need to quit knocking the Dodge...

Bring your piddly Chevy on...all you will see are my Tailight's...and you can watch a Movie on my back screens when you can't get your Truck to go faster than 90.......LOL....

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
I only knock the Dodge because I've had a couple...LOL! It's hard to win a race when your tranny fails! :p

Yeah, the gasser isn't going to win any races, but I have to say...the new Z-71s aren't nearly as slow as the old ones. They are surprisingly quick with the 5.3L motor. I think it'll do a little better than 90mph! :p And the 5.3L gas motor will last every bit as long as the Duramax, which is hardly known for longevity. ;)

Actually, I REALLY hated to trade the Powerstroke in. I loved that truck! But $200/month drop in payments and skipping a couple payments while I'm tight on cash helped to make my decision a bit easier! ;)

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the love of god. I had to drive a Z71 last week while my buddy used my dodge to pull the boat down to fish. I hated every minute of it. The auto fold sideview mirrors are cool though. It was a DOG on the go pedal in comparrison too.

·
Registered
30,679 Posts
i've owned ford, gmc and dodge trucks. the ford is a great work truck; the gm products are wonderfully comfortable trucks that can do almost anything the ford can. the dodge truck is great for trading in for a gmc, chevy or ford truck.

:biggrin:

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Yeah..I have my eye on a Powerstroke with a custom front bumper I saw out front @ Monument Chevrolet..
Sure looks clean, and well taken care of...doesn't look like it has been in Texas long either...

My Dodge doesn't get boat duty...I bought it for a family vehicle...

And to SMOKE Chevy's and Fords....

I have a Chevy 4x4 as a daily driver....I watch parts fall off of it daily...EXPENSIVE parts...but...I guess after 220,000 hard miles including 2 roundtrips to Alaska..Submergent's at the Beach. and Trailrides in West Texas...it should be falling apart..

Is there anything you can tell me about this Powerstoke I am eyeballing Shaddy?

·
Gone Fishing
11,998 Posts
jabx1962 said:
Yeah..I have my eye on a Powerstroke with a custom front bumper I saw out front @ Monument Chevrolet..
Sure looks clean, and well taken care of...doesn't look like it has been in Texas long either...

My Dodge doesn't get boat duty...I bought it for a family vehicle...

And to SMOKE Chevy's and Fords....

I have a Chevy 4x4 as a daily driver....I watch parts fall off of it daily...EXPENSIVE parts...but...I guess after 220,000 hard miles including 2 roundtrips to Alaska..Submergent's at the Beach. and Trailrides in West Texas...it should be falling apart..

Is there anything you can tell me about this Powerstoke I am eyeballing Shaddy?
Yea it will rust soon from all the salt on them snowy roads:eek:

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
mastercylinder said:
i've owned ford, gmc and dodge trucks. the ford is a great work truck; the gm products are wonderfully comfortable trucks that can do almost anything the ford can. the dodge truck is great for trading in for a gmc, chevy or ford truck.

:biggrin:
I wouldn't want to drive a Dodge as a daily Driver...

But, can you explain why the Fords, and Chevy's are so ugly?..

I mean...No Style whatsoever.....they both look like a Bread Truck..

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
ShadMan said:
I like the styling of the Fords and the Chevys. I think the Dodges look like a Jeep Grand Cherokee (soccer mom vehicle).
The Ford and Chevy's look like a truck a second grader draws pictures of..

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
ShadMan said:
Yep, they're the ones people want from an early age. Dodge is what people buy when they can't afford their dream vehicle! :p
Sorry Kat Daddy...I don't dream about vehicles..you got me on that one..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts