2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/ces/6949335/CES-2010-Ford-unveils-Tweeting-car.html

After reading this I sold all my Ford stock. I guess I no longer understand there mindset nor do I understand who they are marketing these cars to. Maybe I am getting old. Either way over the last few years I have watched the big three throw money down empty pits on stuff that has no relevance to car making whatsoever. I have lost all faith in there business models. The people running these companys may be well educated, but they seem to have there head up there *** all the time. If they want to have a car that connects to the internet, fine. But why waste your effort, captial and assume all the risk. Venture off with another company, only putting yourself at minimum risk if the concept fails. Offer these features as an after market add on at the dealership. Let the dealership add these if they so wish. But instead, Ford is leting it all hang out spending untold amounts of there money and there investors on a fad. Ford not being the only car maker who has wasted billions on things that have nothing to do with car making. This seems to be a pattern that has infected the big three. Instead of making good cars and trucks, they are looking for the next big thing. Even if it means putting billions of other people's moneny on the line. Instead of wasting all this money on useless stuff to most of the driving public, then having to absord this cost into every car made. Why not improve the car overall, make it better. If this was done, then they would sell more cars. Poeple could add the **** they wanted either after the purchase or by the dealer.

If someone knows of a car maker who is basic, no frills, no internet connections, no self parking, no BS, etcc. Please let me know. The big three no longer interest me as an investment. I want a car maker, not an internet connection.

·
Just call me Breeze
17,288 Posts
The Ford system is voice activated. Internet, GPS, cell, radio, controls. Makes sense to me. The internet is the new yellow pages. Just google where you want to go and it speaks to you whats available.

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The internet is the new yellow pages. Just google where you want to go and it speaks to you whats available.
Maybe so, but has no place in cars. Your smart phone or garmin will do a much better job. Reckless and stupid for car makers to be wasting money in technology that they can not compete with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts