2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Team BFA
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anyone has told you before, BUT...

The Late 90's and 2000 engines have "plastic" intake manifolds. I just had mine replaced last week. $700 for the parts! The shop where I took it and another friend both told me, "I could have told you that was going to happen. We change a lot of those." Leave it to Ford to come up with a Better Idea! I've had to have the truck in for major service 3 times and every one was a "common" but expensive problem. I wish the darn thing would have self combusted like so many did before they finally fixed that problem.

Live and learn. My next car is going to be a Schwinn!

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Unfortunatle, you better get used to it.. Many engines are now coming with non-metal intakes - they reduce intake air temperature (less conducive than metal), can be better molded for efficiency/response and they save weight - all win-win from a manufacturer point of view.. I would imagine you will see most new engines with synthetic intakes with the new governmental restrictions and the manufactures responding accordingly saving every pound they can and increasing efficiency in any way possible..

·
Registered
502 Posts
yeah thats a big problem! I've replaced so many of those when i worked at ford. 700 is steep when i left a year ago it was like 350 for the intake repair kit. Must have made a large price jump. :( Its a real easy job takes me about 45 mins to do it. Sorry it happened. Next time get a Chevy.. LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts