2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently had something happen in my life I feel I must share this is a story for those of you who are going thru some difficulties or know of someone who is.
This one is mine.
I want you to picture a home
one when you enter it you are consumed with the smells of your grandmothers from so long ago.
You are flooded with childhood memories. the home cooked meals, the sounds of the old wooden floors welcoming you home with the creaking sound of their voice.
Looking out the 100yr old windows you are overwhelmed with the picturesque sights captured within them,
the magical old trees and elegant flowers look as they were a painting captured in the wavy leaded glass.
Now I want you to imagine how it would feel having to give up that magnificent home, The one all your conversations revolved around.
drive past it seeing its beauty and your reflection of failure looking back at you from the windows you once loved to look out of.
as time goes by you can't even look in the direction of the place you were so proud of.
Now all the trying years have passed and the home across the street is for sale, built the same year even more beautiful than your old home.
it is begging for someone to love it the way it could love them. it looks so lonely sitting there with no lights to show its charm in the night.
Your overcome with hope it couldn't be possible to purchase only by GODS grace would it be achievable. To be able to sit on the swing of that majestic porch.
to look thru the 6 larger than life oaks and see the home you loved and lost. to once again appreciate its beauty and to know life does not always go as you have planned but by his.
I fell to my knees when I knew I had to give up that home and I dropped to my knees in prayer for this one
I can now smile knowing by GODS plan we are the only family to have been blessed with memories in both of these historic homes
So The next time you drive thru the historic part of the city look through the oaks and you may see My wife and I on this swing grinning ear to ear because this is our story one of heart ache, hope and GODS awesome power.
I hope this story gives you some peace in knowing no matter how hard things are now GOD has his own plan for you, it may not be an easy one or one you would have chosen but with him in your life all things are possible. GOD bless

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Wonderful thoughtS and sentiments...I can only hope your prayers are answered. AMEN

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Thoughts

Thanks!

I returned to my boyhood home; with memories of flowers and trees, where 8 happy kids grew up, to find that it is now a golf course. It was as if something had hit me right in the gut!

I especially miss Mama's Rose bushes.

Lots of pleasant memories! C2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts