2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are wanting to add a little color to our house and don't know where to start. Currently our home has yellow walls with white ceilings. What colors would you recommend using that will go well with yellow. Want to paint the wall behind the China and a couple others to change it up a bit. We just don't want to have 10 layers of paint on our walls while experimenting.

·
2Cool Beer Drinkers Association Member.
1,064 Posts
The only thing I could think of that will go well with yellow is purple.:eek:

·
Got Wasabi?
2,635 Posts
Not an interior decorator, but I did work as a house painter in summers in High School.

Yellow walls you want White, Ash, Oak, or Brass Furniture or trim for the best look.

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Whatever color you go with, buy a sample first and paint a small area. Make sure and let it dry as the color will look different dry than wet. We went through a lot of samples that we liked on the color wheel but the real thing was a lot different.

·
Aggie Mom
5,386 Posts
A contrasting color for yellow is blue. Depending on how deep a yellow you have, you could go with a cobalt blue or a turquoise. I'm not a decorator, I just love yellow & blue together.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I will try a sample of turquoise and see how it looks. All of our furniture is dark so I don't want to go too dark. Our sofa's are dark brown and furniture is a dark cherry.

·
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!
5,059 Posts
My wife has always picked some piece of art or fabric or pillow or whatever that she really likes the colors in and the look of and has used it as her color palette. Find something you really like that has the same shade of yellow as you currently have on your walls and use other colors out of it. You know they look good together because they look good on whatever you're using as your pallete.

We have shades of red, yellow, green, tans, etc. all through our house. It might sound like a lot of color but it really all flows together very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts