2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do this guy's job and get back to me. Was cooking on the grill this evening during a downpour and had the privledge of watching this fella change out this transformer in a flooding thunderstorm. I know our light bills are high, but this evening mine didnt seem as high as I once thought. These guys do something most of us would never do. I work in the biz, although not for Centerpoint, and in a thunderstorm you'd never get me up on a pole changing out a transformer. Good job fellas, I know there are some of yall here.

Funny thing is it was only three houses down but I still had power. Guess I was on the right side of the line.

Z

Attachments

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
He's got way way way bigger nads than me do............

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
One of my best friends died at 25 years old as a lineman. They don't get the credit they deserve for that line of work.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
BTW this also applys to Time Warner. My Brother is a lineman for them and he is out in some of the worse crapy weather, sometimes lifting 119 LB battery packs all night.

·
Aggie Mom
5,386 Posts
Badhabit said:
He's got way way way bigger nads than me do............
Me too!!!!
Thanks guys for what you do allowing me to post on the computer, watch tv, turn the light on in the bathroom. You are one of my hero's!

·
Master of Ceremonies
1,451 Posts
I thought I was the only one who fires up the grill even in the rain:) If the BBQ stays dry it's all good to go!

I always think about those guys who go out in a nasty storm to turn our lights back on. "Well done" to all of them.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol

TMWTim said:
I thought I was the only one who fires up the grill even in the rain:) If the BBQ stays dry it's all good to go!

I always think about those guys who go out in a nasty storm to turn our lights back on. "Well done" to all of them.
The grill is pretty much the only way we cook meat at my house so rain or shine its coming on. Plus, wasnt raining under the covered porch. lol Had some chickens on there last night and they were scrumptious.

Z

·
Registered
300 Posts
Tough

At least they were able to get a boom truck to it. Having to roll a transformer in a backyard on a dolly and swap them out by hand is really fun, especially at night.Had a buddy change one out in a storm and as soon as he stepped off the pole , lighting hit the same transformer and he had to go up and change it out again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts