2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
726 Posts
Backyard...South Austin

I put one in my backyard this before my back surgery, knowing I would not be able to fill my feeder. The two little ones I just weed eated the ground to the soil and then turn the dirt with a hard rake. The big one in the middle I rented a tiller to turn the dirt.

Worth every penny and back ache!

BB

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
It's funny the differences between two states. I have lived in MS for the past several years and EVERYONE plants "patches" as they call 'em. Here I dont know anyone that does.

·
quando omni flunkus, mortati
1,506 Posts
I have one in West Columbia and the deer walk right by the feeders and go to the food plot. Got a place in Junction that I would love to have one on but it is too dang dry!

·
Bird Flu Eradication Team
2,299 Posts
I have one in West Columbia and the deer walk right by the feeders and go to the food plot. Got a place in Junction that I would love to have one on but it is too dang dry!
we have oats and wheat in menard, just north of ya. they work great.

·
quando omni flunkus, mortati
1,506 Posts
Deebo, how do you work up the soil? We tried a harrow but we have too many rocks.

David, I have a place about 2 miles out of town on 1301

·
Registered
719 Posts
I planted some Thro&Gro this year. The stuff look's freat. I can't even get the cows to eat it though. Nothing has touched it. :cry:

·
I had a horse named Bad Luck...
56 Posts
I was thinking about food plots but worry about the cows and hogs eating it too. Think I'll try some of that Tecomante and see what happens.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I hunt in East Texas. I planted Throw and Grow on 3 of my stands. Had a game camera on 2 of the plots. Never saw anything eating it---the deer would always go to the corn instead. Next year I'm not going to ever bother.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
We have 20 acres in turnips, wheat, and oats. Deer pound the heck out of it. Really funny watching them eat the turnips, they pull the whole thing up, eat the turnip and munch right up the green stalks. Looks like they are smoking an exploded cigar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts