2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
54' Viking "Dig It"
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to plat some food plots in the future, maybe not this year but the following years. I'm wondering what is the best food plots to plant. I'm looking to rotate what i plant, meaning plant in the spring then again in the fall. I'm looknig for protein in the spring and a good attractant for deer season. We have a place in milam county and have seen some qualty deer, but they always seem to be out of shooting distance so i figured i'd try some food plots. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Whatever you plant, pray for rain. I struk out last Fall and this Spring. Just planted 5 acres in feed oates. Went the cheap route attractant. Scared of being snubbed again by the Good Lords blessings.

·
Trap AF ...
4,992 Posts
Take a soil sample to your local Ag. or Co. Op. and they should be able to give you a recommendation based on mineral content and annual rain supply (should you be like the rest of us un-irrigated folks). I believe that the Whitetail Institute in Mississippi does this for free as well ...

Also ... it never hurts to call your local TPW Biologist and ask what he recommends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts