2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made it to to the beach around 5 sat morn (3rd trash can from end) started chunkin top waters in first gut no results ,tryed second gut no results, started getin daylite were i could see and i seen some fish( i dont know what they were ,ithought they weretrout ) hitin some bait look like small minnows right at the beach so i put a silver spoon on and tryed to catch them no results. that happened at daylite and lasted about 20 mins?never did find out what they were maybe pompano? anyway i left the spoon on and fished it hard first and second gut had several hits and few hookups but still nothin, im thinkin ladyfish? i really wasnt horsin um or nothin, so finally around 10 i put my boat in and start fishin past 3rd bar spoons, mirrolures suspended and sinkin ,tryed doa shrimp ,few bites but no results. started thinkin, go offshore so trolled spoons 2 ,3 miles do south and back, nada,( the water was beautiful ) got back to the second gut around 1230 water was patchy clean and muddy drifted from second gut out just past trird bar caught 2 trout a 20 in and 18 in them suckers was in that muddy water! go figure. fished like that (with spoon) till around 3 no more results and really about done for the day! bait was all around till about 10 hardly any offshore though. i geuss the trout were full? fish sunday same place ,a little later though (daylitethis time) caught 2 trout from 630 730 and a manta ray about 2 ft and thats it ,1230 rolled around so i called it two days and headed home. end results- 3 trout 20 ,18 , 16 ,and an escapee. 1 mantaray 3 sharks some crabs , two steller days on the beach that will last me till next time!! ? was definatly what i needed! the only thing that could have been better is if the surf would have been 6 ft, know what i mean? thanks ,to everybody who has helped me become a better troutfisherman ! yes its a long report but i only can 2- 3 times a year. later

1 - 1 of 1 Posts