2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't see more than 4 boats either way at my slip in South Shore Harbor. Considering the number of boats I saw decorated up that usually never leave their slip, I decided to head back home. I hope everyone is safe out there tonight. I am going to wait for it to life tomorrow and take a quick run out on the bay.

·
Shoalwater owner/ concrete guy
5,153 Posts
My neighbor left at 4 to head down there....I fished this morning and warned him....1st time that I had to use the GPS to get back to Sylvan Beach.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's kinda the same rules I have with the Goldwing. I don't leave in the rain. If it catches me, I deal with it. Fog and darkness don't mix well with alcohol. I didn't see anyone without a drink in their hand. Tonight is a good one to be safe at home.

·
Shoalwater owner/ concrete guy
5,153 Posts
Just talked to my neighbor and he said the visibility is about 100'.

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
Planned on heading that way this evening...Thinking I'll go no farther than Floyd's with the fog we have here in Pearland now :wink:

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Yep, just came over the Kemah bridge and visibilty is zero down on the water. Been there and done that and it aint no fun, trust me on this one. Stay tied up.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Really think in places

Had to finish up some work this afternoon dowtown. Headed home around 4:00pm. I was amazed that about 1/3 of the cars DID NOT have their lights on, and were driving like it was a sunny day. I bet we had alot of accidents out there this evening. - Hevy

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Fished West Bay yesterday and if it wasnt for a truck at fatboys that left his lights on I might have missed the ramp.

On a sidenote his cell phone # was on an ad on his door of his truck and I called him and left him a message about his truck lights.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Fished West Bay yesterday and if it wasnt for a truck at fatboys that left his lights on I might have missed the ramp.

On a sidenote his cell phone # was on an ad on his door of his truck and I called him and left him a message about his truck lights.
GOOD ON YOU FOR LETTING HIM NOW!!

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
I had a friend that was captaining a 40'+ yacht in that parade. He said he could hardly see past the bow...much less a few feet in front of him. He was NOT happy about it at all. Didn't want to be out there, but heck...a jobs a job right.

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
There were only 6 or 7 boats that passed by down at Demi-John Saturday night. We had bad fog also. Next year will be better. B&P

1 - 13 of 13 Posts